Sunday, March 28, 2010

Do you know Henry Johnson?

Do you know Henry Johnson? The members of my immediate family know who Henry Johnson is. And you do too; you just don’t know it yet. There are Henrys in every city, state, and country. Growing up in the Anthony household was… unique to say it best. My Dad, Boompa, has his own “special language.” Poor Trey has never grasped the Anthony family language and to this day will still ask me what certain stuff means. Some people have said we have our own language and we sort of do. My former students at school even could tell you that I often times said off the wall things or had my own language in the classroom. You get my drift here… we are talking about a special language. Back to Henry now. Henry Johnson is that slow person driving in the car who is in front of you. You know the kind that is going under the speed limit, sight seeing, braking at unnecessary times, and just plain in the WAY!!! It seems like lately I have gotten behind so many Henry Johnsons (slow people) that it about makes me crazy. And as you can tell from most of my posts, Senatobia is a small town and most of the roads here are 2 lanes and there is no way around these Henry drivers. So the next time you get behind a slow poke think about me and call them “Henry Johnson.”

I saw this bumper sticker the other day and thought it was worth sharing...

So last Monday I left school early to go to the doctor. I felt a little bit like I could be dying and self diagnosed myself with strep throat but later found out it was pharingitis. They must be in the same family. I came home and tried to rest and then realized it was time to go get Ford. Low and behold that little stinker got sick on Tuesday so we were both out of commission and missing work and the sitter most of the week. Now it’s Sunday and I still don’t feel good. There is so much pressure in my head from my sinuses that it has gone down into my teeth. Has anyone ever had a tooth to ache from sinus issues? Please say you have! Trey hasn’t and he doesn’t believe me!

Here are some pictures of our week at home…





Ford went to his first birthday party on Saturday. Here he is playing with someone else's toys. His nose is red from me wiping it all day long.

Riding the lawn mower with Daddy
Ford playing in Uncle Vance's hat

I am constantly talking to Ford and trying to teach him about his surroundings. Since he can’t talk back I don’t know what he understands and what he doesn’t. Today I put him to the test. I was holding him in my lap at lunch and I asked him where Daddy, Puddin, Pop, and Uncle Vance were. He looked at each one when I called out their names. Then tonight I showed Ford a cup, train, pacifier, and cell phone. I put all the objects down and asked him to go get each one individually and he went to the right thing every time. I was so proud of my little man! He is a sponge and soaks up everything we teach him.

Playing in the bed

I hope everyone will have a great week. Watch out for Henry!!!!!

5 comments:

The Dimino's said...

Anytime my sinuses act up my teeth will just ache!! It hurts so bad!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Janice said...

Okay, you know the teeth question would get me talking :) Yes! Sinuses cause toothaches all the time. I have people that come in this time of year and ask why they have a toothache, and lo and behold, it's their sinuses. You aren't crazy!

Kristen E Stokes said...

Hahaha, Jill I have a friend from Greenwood named Henry Johnson and so when I saw the title of this post I started thinking, I wonder how she knows him?!? However, you will be happy to know that there is no doubt in mind that he is probably a slow driver as well! The pictures of Ford are sooo precious! And no, you are not crazy, I get toothaches all the time when my sinuses are bothering me. Hope you start to feel better soon!!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Henry Johnson's drive me CRAZY! They give me road rage! Tell Trey thank you for the comment about Maggie! She is available in 30 years to be Ford's girlfriend!

Katie said...

I wish I still had the letters your dad wrote when I was at Civitan Camp in his special language. The sad thing is, I could translate most of it!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...