Friday, January 29, 2010

Toot Toot

Let’s just start off by saying that I had no intentions of blogging today since I don’t have a lot to say, but the fact that so many people tell me that they read my blog made me want to write. I had several people say something to me this week about reading my blog and how much they enjoy it. I find that humorous. I would never consider myself to be a good writer, I know I make a lot of mistakes (I don’t proof read), and the majority of the time I ramble on about nonsense. But the fact that I have had people tell me they enjoy reading my blog made me want to write tonight. Even one of my former students put my blog as an icon on her computer. Bless you, Lucy!!! Okay now that I tooted my horn lets move on….

We were out of school today for yet another snow day. I can see where this one might have been necessary since ice was involved and we don’t need anyone wrecking out there. Ford and I enjoyed a nice morning at home. Actually we went to McDonald’s for breakfast at 7:15. We didn’t go inside since I was in my robe!!! He enjoyed the ride even though it was 30 degrees outside.

I still can’t believe my little man will be 9 months old on Monday. Where does the time go???? He is sooooooo much fun. I just can’t imagine my life without him anymore.

Here are some Ford facts….
On Monday he weighed 19.4 pounds
He started rolling over before 8 weeks
He started eating rice cereal at 4 months
He started crawling at about 5 ½ months
He started walking behind a walker on Christmas Eve
He has 2 teeth. Tooth #1 came in on December 27th followed by #2 on January 6
He loves loves loves to eat and we have begun to feed him small amounts of table food
He can hold his own sippy cup
He wears size 3 diapers and mostly 9 months clothes
He loves a bath and will squeal with delight when he realizes its bath time
He can wave. He turns his wrist towards himself to wave
His first word was “a boo”
I have heard him say “bye” and I think he has said “Momma”
He loves Delta, but she does not share the same love for him
He is fascinated with keys, cell phones, remote controls, and cords
He is on the move 99.9 percent of the time he is awake
He is such a happy baby

Here are some earlier pictures of Ford


















GRILLED PIZZA SANDWICHES

½ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
8 slices whole grain bread
6 ounces packages pepperoni
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Combine mayonnaise and Italian seasonings; spread half of mixture evenly on 1 side of bread slices.
Layer pepperoni and cheese on mayonnaise side of 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
Spread half of remaining mayonnaise mixture on tops of sandwiches. Place sandwiches, mayonnaise side down, in a hot griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until bread is browned. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture on ungrilled sides of sandwiches; turn and cool until sandwiches are browned. Yield: 4 servings

5 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I LOVE reading your blog! Ford is so precious!

Katie said...

When I saw you with a post called toot toot, I automatically thought about that instrument like a flute they made us play in high school? In that music class? What was that instrument called, and what was that teacher's name? I know you will know...

Jill said...

It was a recorder and her name was Mrs. Dawsey!!!!!!!!! Ughhh

Janice said...

I cannot believe he started crawling at 5.5 months! Wow! I knew it was early but didn't realize how early. He is such a little cutie pie! I wish I could have seen you and katie playing recorders. Too funny! And btw, I am a blog-addict. I read everyone's compulsively!

Mary Elizabeth said...

I love your blog, too! Keep it up :) Seeing Ford's pictures gets me excited about what I have to look forward to...

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...