Thursday, January 7, 2010

They Would Laugh At Us




You know I bet the Northerners would have a good laugh over the fact that us Mississippi people basically shut down today because of a little snow. I am NOT complaining… I love being at home with my little man. We have had a very productive day and even run a few errands. I am not quite sure how I am going to do all my errands, cleaning, mommy duties, wifely duties, and work. Hats off to all working moms!!! Ya’ll are really good. I have got to figure out how to balance all of this.

Yesterday Trey took Ford to the sitter’s house and I went on to work. When I left at 7:45 Ford’s bag was packed and all Trey had to do was put his clothes on him. Now dressing Ford is no easy task I will confess, but it’s not something someone with a college degree, law degree, and masters of law degree shouldn’t be able to tackle. The sitter lives about 2 to 3 minutes away and then Trey’s office is about 2 minutes from her house. He said he didn’t get to work until 8:30!!! What did he do for 45 minutes is what I want to know!!!!!??? Oh the joys of parenthood!!!

CHICKEN LASAGNA FLORENTINE

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (get the kind of the box…not the bag)
2 cups (8ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
6 lasagna noodles cooked and drained (I use no boil noodles)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup to 1 cup chopped pecans (I do not put them in mine)

Stir together chicken and next 6 ingredients.
Arrange 3 noodles in a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish; top with half chicken mixture. Repeat layers with remaining noodles and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pecans. Bake cover at 350 for 45 minutes

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Looks like you are enjoying your day off!

heatherstockett said...

Just when I think Ford can't get any cuter, he does!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

that's funny. chicken lasagna florentine is a favorite at our house. i just made some the other night. still have left overs in the fridge!

your little man isn't little anymore!! he looks like such a big boy!

Ashley said...

So precious!

Ashley said...

you need to show pictures with instructions on your recipies

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...