Thursday, December 31, 2009

Who would have thought...

Who would have thought that on New Years Eve 2002 I would meet my husband? I sure wasn’t out on the husband hunt but fate would have it that he and I would be at the same bar at the same time. Yes, I said bar. I hate to upset some people who may not have known that, but technically we weren’t inside the bar we were outside under a huge heated tent. I guess being outside makes it better. We were in Memphis at Silky’s to be exact. There was a large crowd of Ole Miss students huddled under a tent near a heater since it was freezing. Trey and I had a lot of mutual friends but had never met. Little did I know Trey had already seen me when I walked in. He later told me that he was attracted to my brown curly hair, too bad that it is neither of those things now. A friend of ours introduced us and we kind of hit it off the rest of the night and started dating a few months after. I went back home to what was then Hattiesburg and told one of my best friends that I had met the man I was going to marry. Knowing how picky I was she didn’t believe a word I said. A year and a half later we were engaged, and a year after the engagement we were married.

A picture from our earlier dating days….

Now 7 years have passed and I am sitting at our house in Senatobia with a sick baby. Actually all 3 of us are sick which is not fun. Ford still has an ear infection and Trey and I just have a common cold.

The last 7 years have definitely been a journey. Trey and I have learned a lot, traveled a lot, and I would like to think matured a lot!!! I am really blessed to have my two boys which make my life a better place. I hope everyone will have a safe and happy New Years Eve and a great 2010!!!

Some pictures of my sick little man…



Just playing...

Puddin came to pick me up for a play date…

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Aw :) Happy "just-met" anniversary! What a great story! Your house sounds exactly like ours-we have colds and Jackson has an ear infection. Happy New Year!

Katie said...

Good luck today going back to work, thinking of you!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...