Monday, December 7, 2009

Still sick


Tonight Trey and I had the soup and cornbread I blogged about below. Both are my mother in-law's recipes and they are Mmmmm Mmmmm good. I highly recommend you cooking anything that is one of my mother in-law’s recipes. She knows how to cook!

CHEESEBURGER SOUP

1 pound ground beef
¾ cup chopped onion
¾ cup shredded carrots
¾ cup diced celery
1 t. basil
1 t. parsley
4 T butter (divided)
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups diced red potatoes
¼ cup plain flour
8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
1 ½ cups milk
¾ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
¼ cup sour cream

Brown ground beef and drain. In the same pan saut̩ onions, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 T butter until tender Рabout ten minutes. Add broth, potatoes, and beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender. In small skillet melt remaining butter, add flour and cook until blended. Add to soup. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Add milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Blend in sour cream.

CORNBREAD MUFFINS

½ cup self- rising flour
1/8 cup sugar
½ cup self-rising cornmeal
½ cup milk or buttermilk
1 egg
1/8 cup shortening

Mix flour and sugar in bowl. Stir in cornmeal. Add milk, egg, and shortening. Do not over mix. Pour into greased muffin pan. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until the top is light brown. Makes 6 muffins.

Ford got sick last week and we went to the doctor and found out he had an ear infection. The little man has been under the weather since then. We have pretty much stayed inside in our pajamas all week and weekend.

I have been trying to capture the perfect picture of Ford for our Christmas card this year. I have become more and more Type A since he was born in May and it’s driving me crazy. I can seem to find something wrong with every picture I take. Enjoy the pictures below of the little man over the past week.



On Saturday I talked Trey into going shopping with me. Something like this doesn’t happen too often. I told him I wanted him to help me do some Christmas shopping and explained we wouldn’t be gone long. He was a trooper and even agreed to miss the SEC game on Saturday (FLA vs. AL). After we went shopping we took Ford to see Santa Clause again. He wasn’t too fired up about seeing Jolly Old St. Nick, but he better be sweet if he wants Santa to come visit in a few weeks!!
Since Trey did such a good job and didn’t complain about my fun filled family day I rewarded him with a bowl of cereal done up the right way!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I think Ford looks cute in all those pics! I know what you mean about being Type A. I am getting on Brad's nerves haha!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...