Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Going to the doctor

For the past two days Ford and I have spent a lot of time at doctors’ offices. On Monday we had a scheduled eye exam for Ford. I am sure you are thinking why in the world and how in the world? The why is because our eye doctor here in town will check baby’s eyes for free between 6 months and a year. Also, my eyes are far from perfect being that I had lazy eye as a child and got some stylish pink glasses at age four. Trey on the other hand, has perfect eyes. He likes to brag and say that he has fighter pilot eyes. Well, we went for his eye exam on Monday morning and he wasn’t in the mood to cooperate too well. Dr. Scott got her little light that looks like a pen and put it near his eyes and he started blinking and trying to grab it. She tried to cover up one eye and look at the other one and he was having no part of that. Finally comes the dreaded bottle of drops to dilate your eyes… he basically squinted his eyes together so tight that she needed the Jaws of Life to open them to put some drops in there. He screamed and let us both know that he didn’t approve of this treatment. She said she would be back in 15 minutes when his eyes were good and dilated. Do you know how long 15 minutes is in baby time? Like two hours for adults. We played on the floor and found neat things in my purse to put in his mouth (teething) and then rode the horsey on my knee, and within a few minutes the UNTHINKABLE happened… .HE FELL ASLEEP! I was stunned, shocked, baffled, you name it… that is what I was. He woke up when the doctor came back in a performed nicely for the rest of the exam. Fortunately he had no tumors and didn’t appear to have signs of lazy eye so she said she would see us back in 3 years.

The last few nights have been BAD as far as sleeping goes at the Lamar household. Ford goes to sleep just fine and 3 to 4 hours later he is yelling. I would tell Trey that he was teething and go in there and fix the situation and get back in bed. Two nights ago it got so bad we turned the monitors off and let him yell. I thought I was doomed and was committing child abuse for letting him cry, but Trey and I felt abused since we weren’t getting any sleep. Tuesday I took him to the doctor. I told the man I thought it was his teeth and then decided that he actually may have an ear ache. He did. He has an ear infection. I soooooooo should have seen the red flags when he fell asleep on me at the eye doctor. My child does no such thing. He does not fall asleep easily and he sure doesn’t cuddle during the day. He is now on meds and I hope we are on the road to recovery.

Helping momma wrap presents

HAM & CHEESE PARTY ROLLS

2 pans small party rolls, sliced in half
¾ lb. ham
1 pkg. mozzarella cheese slices
Dijon mustard
1 stick butter
1 ½ tsp. poppy seed
1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. onion flakes
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
Spread sliced rolls with Dijon mustard. Add sliced ham and cheese to each to make little sandwiches. Melt together butter, poppy seed, dry mustard, onion flakes, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over rolls and let set for 10 minutes. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.

These little sandwiches are delicious!!!! I have made them for two Christmas parties we had at our house last year.



CONFESSION WEDNESDAY

I failed swimming lessons as a child!!!!!!! I can swim now thank goodness, but back in the day it wasn’t happening. I remember having the swimming teacher bring me home one day. I must have been an unwilling participant!

Our Christmas Tree

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Poor little guy! Hope he is feeling better soon! It's no fun when they're sick :( Love your tree!!

Katie said...

I love how squinty his eyes look in these! So funny. Are lazy eyes hereditary? I would hate if he had to use your pink glasses, Trey may not approve.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...