Friday, November 27, 2009

What's in your freezer?????



Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual…lots of food, family, and things to be thankful for. I think Ford had a great time as well considering he got all of the attention! We put up our tree last night (pictures to come) and so did Puddin. Ford wasn’t as excited about the tree as I thought he should have been.

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

This would be me at about age 3 with my older brother in the background. This is kind of the way our childhood was; I was wild and entertained everyone and Ken would sit back and watch my performance!! The good old days!

HUNTING

Trey and I went hunting this afternoon. This was my first time to go this year and it was rather chilly. I think it’s important to dress the part. This is what my outfit consisted of: Halloween socks topped with some gray hunting socks and boots, pink thermal underwear (long johns for us southerners) black stretch pants, a green t-shirt, a long sleeved camo turtle neck, hunting overalls, a Northface fleece, hunting coat, and my pink gloves. Oh I was a site! I think all the pink was a little much for the hubs but he knows I will complain if I get too cold. I also packed my 180’s (ear muffs) in my pocket. They were pink as well if you were wondering. We parked about 2 miles away from the hunting stand and Trey wouldn’t let me put my stuff (ear muffs, gloves, camera etc.) in his hunting pack. I threatened to bring my own next time. It would upset him if I did that since I don’t have an “actual” hunting pack…I could use my backpack from college!!!!! Then he asks me to carry the gun. I was not impressed. We didn’t kill a deer but did see quite a few does. Good bonding time with the hubs!

The hunting stand


What’s in your freezer?????

We have an outside “shop” as Trey calls it that is his “man room.” If you have been following my blog for a while you will remember that he added the addition on to our house back in the spring. Well, we have a second refrigerator out there and it primarily holds drinks and deer meat. That is not all that is in our freezer… we also have an alligator head and a fox! I completely forgot about the alligator head until this weekend. Trey went gator hunting last August and killed one and we STILL have the head in our freezer. Sick… I know. Well, this weekend Trey ran over a fox and decided he would like to get it stuffed so now we have a fox in our freezer as well. Oh the joys of being married to a hunter!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...