Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Professional Haircut


My little man got his hair cut again today. We opted for a professional this time and not the bathroom beauty salon. Ford did so good. He sat in his daddy’s lap and snacked on puffs while she snipped away. I don’t see how you can cut a baby’s hair. It’s like aiming at a moving target. He doesn’t look like my baby anymore, but more like a little boy. He is growing up!!!



BABY FOOD CAKE

2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 small jars baby food (I use prunes, or try apricot or plum)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans, optional

Mix sugar, eggs and oil together. Add flour, baby food and cinnamon. Mix well. Add pecans. Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes in a bundt pan.

This is a recipe my grandmother (Nanny) made a lot and I think it’s delicious. I know you are thinking it wouldn’t taste good with prune baby food, but it’s actually delicious. I am making it for Thanksgiving!!!!!

Eating chocolate pudding with mom.


Shopping at Wal-Mart. Yes, I was "that girl" with my germ free cart cover!


TAKE FIVE TUESDAY

Here are the 5 random facts about me on this lovely Tuesday.

1. I don’t drink coffee. I actually think it tastes awful.
2. I get road rage (a mild case) when people go slow.
3. I enjoy mowing the grass. It’s a good workout and nice alone time.
4. I would be upset if my dishwasher ever quit working. I run it almost everyday.
5. I don’t wear brown clothes.


Looking at the deer in Daddy's office

5 comments:

Katie said...

All that hair! Josie needs to borrow some. He looks very, very handsome.

heatherstockett said...

Love his big boy haircut! Btw... I'm also "that" mom with the buggy cover. You know Wal-Mart buggies carry the funk!

Janice said...

I love his new do! Very cute! I am "that girl" too at Wal-Mart, in restaurants, and wherever that dang thing will fit. I also have this little suction cup mat to put on restaurant tables called a tiny diner. If you don't have one, they are fantastic!

The Dimino's said...

Love the new haircut!! I love love love baby food cake!! My grandmother made it a lot!! I use a cart cover too!!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Oh this is SOOO me with the shopping cart cover! I got her bright pink one ready for when I can actually take her out places!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...