Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Love Santa

Last night Ford spent the night with Gran and Boompa for the first time. I wasn’t worried about Ford, yet I was concerned about the grandparents. Mom said he didn’t enjoy the car ride to her house, but was fine once he got there and ended up doing a great job. She brought him home this morning because Senatobia had its annual Christmas open house today. We were able to go to a few stores before Ford needed to come home and eat. We were even able to see Santa!!

CHICKEN LASAGNA

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream if chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (14 ½ ounce) can chicken broth
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
8 lasagna noodles (I use no boil noodles)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
*** I have never done this, but I have written down in my cook book to add rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes.

Boil chicken breasts for 20 minutes. Drain and chop, set aside. Mix next 5 ingredients together. If you don’t use no boil noodles cook the noodles first. Layer ½ noodles, ½ chicken, ½ soup mixture and ½ cheddar cheese in 9X13 baking dish. Repeat layers. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees covered for 50-60 minutes.

Playing with mom and dad



Well, my Beth Moore Bible study is over. The past 10 weeks I have spent time in the book of Esther and reading the workbook prepared for the study. The other morning Trey asked me what all I had learned and I gave him a 2 minute run down on the book of Esther and he said it sounded like a movie. They actually do have a movie out and I plan to watch it. There of course is a bad guy in the book, Haman, who is like a modern day Hitler who tries to kill off all the Jews. And each day I could hardly wait to find out what would happen next. I won’t spoil the surprise if you aren’t familiar with the book of Esther, but I HIGHLY recommend you reading it AND getting the workbook. You don’t have to go to a Bible study to take part. You can actually download the video clips each week and watch them on your computer. Beth Moore is HILARIOUS!!!!!! You never know what she is going to say next and she really relates to women well. I am so sad it’s over and I won’t be watching her every Tuesday. It’s kind of like my good buddy has up and moved away. On Tuesday I was a little depressed. I hope to get to do her study on Daniel starting in January.


The other day Trey and I were talking about what we wanted to get Ford for Christmas. Trey then asks me what I want for Christmas. I told him 2 full nights of sleep, a maid to come clean up our house just one time and to get my hair highlighted. I thought those were reasonable requests and 2 of them are FREE. Then he says “Don’t take this the wrong way”… Okay when someone starts a sentence off with don’t take this the wrong way you know it’s not going to be good. He then said… would you like a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas. PEOPLE, I had some choice words flowing through my head when those words came out of his mouth and I quickly told him that I DID NOT WANT A VACUUM CLEANER FOR CHRISTMAS, but if he thought we needed one I would be glad to get it for one of his presents. I mean the nerve. One year my dad got a can opener for his birthday… that didn’t go over well either! We have footage on a home video (back in the 80’s).

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...