Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Chinaman Is On The Loose

The Chinaman is on the loose. Yes, you read that correctly. For those of you who haven’t been reading my blog faithfully for a while are probably wondering what in the world is she talking about. Back in July (on my birthday to be exact) I wrote about “The Chinaman” which is a small statue that Trey and I pass back and forth with my brother and sister in law. It has become somewhat of a game. For the complete story you need to check out the blog from July. I am not spoiling the surprise because the Chinaman has already been discovered in their refrigerator! Wonder when we will get him again??

BROWN SUGAR SHORTBREAD

1 cup butter, softened
1/s cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (I think I used light)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 to 3 tablespoons sparkling white sugar

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until smooth. Cover and chill dough 30 minutes.
Roll dough into ¼ -inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch triangle-shaped cutter; place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 1 ½ dozen.

** I do not have cookie cutters. Therefore, one must get creative: I made mine into circles using a measure cup!!!!!

Puddin kept Ford on Saturday so Trey and I could go to the Ole Miss vs. Tennessee game.

I had several requests for more recipes and pictures of Ford. I am going to keep this blog short and sweet. I hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...