Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big news...


The Lamar family has big news!!!!!!!!! Now no one jump to conclusions and think… oh another baby. Lets be realistic, Ford is only 6 months old. Strangely enough, people have been asking when baby #2 is coming, and most of the time I look at them like they are insane. But like I was saying… big news… Ford is pulling up now! Trey came home from work and I said “Guess who just pulled up?” He said “me.” … (Because he had just pulled up in the driveway!) I said “no, Ford did.” And then what do you know the little guy did it 3 more times. I can’t believe he is already doing so much at such a young age. Now I really will have to be watching him like a hawk so he doesn’t get hurt.

This is one of my mom’s recipes that I grew up eating. It’s easy to cook (that’s a plus) and tastes good (yet another plus).

HAMBURGER STROGANOFF

½ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
½ cup butter
1 ½ lbs ground beef
2 Tbs flour
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken coup
1 cup sour cream

Sauté onion and garlic in margarine until golden. Stir in meat, flour and seasonings and cook for 5 minutes. Add soups and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve with rice or egg noodles.

** I served mine with the wide egg noodles.

CONFESSION WEDNESDAY

I purposefully decided to post this blog on Wednesday because I have yet another confession. While we are on the topic of food I decided to go ahead and get this out there. Maybe I can inspire others to check things in their pantry as well. Oh about a week ago or so I went to get something out of the pantry and saw a box of pizza sauce. You know the kind you put on a pizza you make yourself. I thought that was interesting because I didn’t remember buying any of that in a while. I picked up the box to look for a date and will you know it EXPIRED in April 2006. That is 3.5 years ago!!!!!! That means I bought it well before that. In April 2006 I hadn’t even been married a year and we still lived in Jackson!!!!!! Have no fear, it immediately went in the garbage can along with a can of cream of onion soup that EXPIRED in October 2007! Now, don’t think I feed my family food with expired ingredients… I always check first. These particular items had gotten pushed to the back of the shelf. Now run along and check your stuff.

GROWING UP…

My little man is getting bigger. He is crawling and getting into things. Puddin told us it was time to lower Ford’s bed. We did just that on Sunday afternoon. This bed lowering has opened up a whole new world for Mr. Ford. He has figured out if he pulls up on the bumper pad that he can see out of his bed. He can even throw his pacifier out on the floor and scream bloody murder and his momma will come to the rescue. Yes, it was time to lower the little man’s bed, but it has put more work on the momma.

Something new…..

I have started doing something new. Trey and I go to church every Sunday and attend Sunday school. Before we begin our lesson the teacher asks the class if anyone has prayer requests. Usually we have several and then we begin class. A few weeks ago it hit me that I don’t always remember these prayer requests and usually neglect to pray for the needs of others. I decided to get a notebook to take with me to church so I could write down the weekly prayer requests. I have done so the last two weeks and it has definitely helped me to remember these different needs. I also add things to my list that I hear on the news and that I hear during the week from other people. So often we neglect our prayer time until we desperately need God to answer one of our own prayers. I challenge you to also get a journal or notebook and write down your prayer requests and those of others. And let me know if I can add you to my list!

1 comment:

Janice said...

That is a really good idea about the prayer book! Thanks! I think I am going to try it too. I still cannot believe Ford is so young and doing so many big boy things. He is going to be a smarty :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...