Friday, December 18, 2009

QUACK

Ford has finally graduated from the kitchen sink to the bathtub. I still think he is too small to sit alone in the tub without a prop so I have been on the hunt for him a seat. I knew exactly what I wanted and they actually have it at Babies R Us, I just didn’t order him one. My Mom, Gran, found Ford a blow up Duck. I am not sure if it was the Duck he loved or the fact that his Gran also threw in some bath toys to make the experience more enjoyable. Needless to say, the Duck was a hit and the good old days of bathing in the sink are gone…. maybe not… we haven’t gotten rid of his sink seat yet!!!


One of my strong points is definitely not arts and crafts. I REALLY wish I were craftsy, but I’m just not. Regardless of my lack of artistic abilities, I decided that Ford and I would make some reindeer out of his hands and feet. It’s a corny project, but I wanted to remember how little he was when he is all grown up. The “simple” project ended up taking us 2 days and I even had to get assistance on the feet. Ford is such a good helper though… he tried to eat my pencil, crumple the construction paper and decided to curl his toes and fingers during the project. They ended up coming out pretty cute for someone without much crafts experience!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to ride around and look at Christmas lights. I myself, don’t do a good job or decorating the outside of our house, we only have a wreath and spotlight. But I do find great joy and amusement in looking at others’ holiday décor. There is this one house here in town that really puts on a show. When we were on the way over there last night Trey said not to be disappointed if they didn’t have stuff up because the economy could have hurt them. Heavens to Betsey no it didn’t… it was like driving straight into the sun! You have never seen such “yard art” in your life. We attempted to do a drive by and take some pictures but got busted in the act so they didn’t turn out too well. Enjoy…

FLASHBACK FRIDAY…….

These are pictures of my classes from the first and second years I taught school….

And a little flashback for my husband…. This is his 24th birthday (5 ½ yrs ago) on the way to Pickwick Lake. This is also the day he proposed!!!

6 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Well we were up late blogging last night huh?!! I LOVE the reindeers!! Such a cute idea. I think I will steal it next year!

Jill said...

Actually I blogged yesterday and posted for it to come up at 1:00 AM!!!

Janice said...

I must be a bad mommy :( I have been letting little bitty RJ sit in the tub all by herself since she was 6 months old. I like the duck though! It's very cute! I too love to ride around and look at Christmas lights.

Margaret said...

The reindeer are too cute!

I love looking at Christmas lights too. Where is that house?? There's one on Morgan that has EVERY blow up ever made.

Katie said...

Well aren't u fancy! I didn't know you could set it to post later, you are a pro. I love Ford's duck, he is getting so big and I need to see him!

Ashley said...

1. Where is my reindeer craft?
2. I like the tub
3. Is that you in the 2nd school picture?? Seriously?

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...