Thursday, October 8, 2009

A good starchy recipe



Rebecca’s Potatoes

4 cans sliced potatoes drained/mashed
1 stick butter
1 cup sour cream
Parsley flakes
Black pepper
Salad supreme seasoning
Bacon bits (3/4 of a bag)
Green onions, 2 stems chopped
2 cups grated cheese

Combine all ingredients (I use an electric mixer) and bake at 350 until bubbly. Do not add salt.


We went to eat with some friends a while back and they served us these potatoes. I thought they were delicious, but figured anything that good must be hard to make. When I found out the potatoes were from a can I thought I can so do this. I know the recipe is kind of vague, but this is how it was given to me. It makes quite a bit so you may want to half the recipe.




While we are on the topic of food, let’s discuss my husband. I really don’t think I know anyone who loves food more than Trey. He gets so excited about food and pretty much loves everything but coconut. I even like coconut. Regardless of what he has for supper he always seems to need a bowl of cereal around 8:30 at night. He says it helps him go to sleep better. The other night I decided I wanted a bowl of Lucky Charms. So I went into the kitchen and started making myself a bowl. Trey turns around and asked if I were making him a bowl of cereal. I said no I was making it for me. He said “If you don’t make me a bowl of cereal I will scream and wake Ford up.” I told him that was just mean and I started fixing him some Lucky Charms. He did not specify how he would like his cereal prepared so he got it in one of Ford’s bowls with one of Ford’s spoons!!!!!!!! Needless to say, he was not impressed. I, myself, thought it was funny.


We are planning to take Ford to the Ole Miss vs. Alabama game this weekend. He and I won’t actually go to the game, but we will socialize before hand in the Grove. I am excited that he will be making his first début to a place Trey and I love so much.

I am absolutely loving this weather. It isn’t too hot or too cold. It’s perfect. It has been raining here a lot so when I made my weekly Wal-Mart trip this weekend I did have to put on a jacket. And will you know that I found a tube of chap stick in the pocket! I was so excited. I am constantly losing my chap stick and it really pumped me up that I stuck my hand in my pocket and found a perfectly good stick. And for anyone who is wondering, YES, I forgot my coupons AGAIN!


If you haven't gotten your Halloween costumes (for the kids) yet Pottery Barn Kids has some really cute ones. Free Shipping too! I can't wait to post pictures of my little man on here all dressed up for his first Halloween. Trey asked why I was dressing him up since he can't eat candy and I tried to explain that I have been waiting to dress him up since I found out I was pregnant. He is going to be as cute as a button!

Tomorrow is my mom’s birthday and she will be 37. That would make her about 10 when she had me!!! She is coming down to Toby Town along with Aunt Ashley, Molly Cate, and Caroline. Should be a fun day! Happy Birthday Gran!!!!!

One last thing…. I am LOVING finding out that people actually read my blog.

3 comments:

The Savage Family said...

Trey looks so excited in that picture! I'm dying to go ahead and buy baby Hayes a halloween outfit! Can't wait to see what Ford is going to be this year!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

hahahaha! The lucky charm thing was hilarious! Sounds like stuff I need to do to my husband. That late night cereal bowl does help you sleep better so I agree with your hubby! Especially when it is lucky charms...my favorite!

Janice said...

I love reading your blogs! I can be in your forgot the coupons club too. Brad picks on me so badly about that! I want to meet Ford in person. He looks like a little man.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...