Monday, October 5, 2009

Driving with the Garmin to the nose bleed section


Okay, so I did not mention it in an earlier blog post because it was too painful of a topic to discuss, but it has happened. Trey and I LEFT our precious baby at home and went to the football game in Nashville. This was something I had to get mentally prepared for…I mean days of preparation. Friday got here and I tried to avoid thinking about 12:00 when Trey would come home and say we had to leave. Well, the time came to load up in the car, without Ford, and head to the Ole Miss vs. Vandy game. We packed the car and started pulling out of the driveway. Trey was not looking at me, but was admiring our new shrubbery and his freshly laid sod. He decided he should ask me how pretty I thought our yard looked. When I did not answer he looked over at me and saw that I was crying (we were still in the driveway people!!!). He said “Oh, I guess you don’t want to talk about the yard.” I only cried until we got in the interstate which is not that far from our house. Trey would probably say I squalled all the way to Nashville. Once I got over the initial shock of leaving my child I was okay and we were en route to see our Rebels play.
We got to Nashville and to our place which happened to be really nice. We managed to junk it up within seconds because I do not know the meaning of packing lightly. I feel that it is better to be safe than sorry. My parents took us out to eat Friday night and then we met up with some friends at a place called Rippy’s. I stayed out much later than I would have liked to. I kept telling Trey that I was a mom and that mom stands for..
M = married
O = old
M = mother

Saturday we went to see one of my good friends from high school. Thank goodness for the Garmin navigation system or we would have NEVER found our way around Nashville. When we got to Rebecca’s house I went to knock on the door while Trey looked for his sunglasses. At first I thought I was at the wrong house because no one answered the door. Then all of a sudden this HUGE cartoon looking dog greets me on the other side of the glass door. I thought “holy cow” Trey has got to see this. I told him to come see this dog. I do not think he understood how big he was. Finally Rebecca opened the door but Trey and I were too fascinated with her dog to say hello. She was cooking breakfast and the dog’s nose could sit up on the counter top. He made Delta look like a bug!
After our visit with Rebecca we went back to the room and changed for the game. Then we proceeded to go to 4 tailgates, all of which included food, but Obama attended one party. After socializing for several hours we left for the game. When we get up to the gate at the stadium the security guards said that they needed to check all ladies purses AND that your purse had to fit inside a box. Well, when you think box you may think of something big, but this was a small box about the size of a rectangular Kleenex box. My purse is as big as the state of Texas and it was not going in that box no matter what way the lady turned it. I felt panic come over my body, because my purse is like my oxygen source and I need EVERYTHING in there. I started pulling stuff out of it like Trey’s coat, some sunglasses, my wallet… it was NOT going in that box. Fortunately she told me to go on in the game and not to bring such a big one next time. HA… like I go to Vandy games a lot.
Trey was hungry when we got inside the stadium (imagine that) so we got some food and headed to our seats. We were on row 72… there were only 75 in the stadium. I could have touched a bird we were up so high and not to mention the workout my legs got walking to our seats. We won the game and headed back to the room. I straight up refused to go out again. I had ONE thing on my mind and that was getting home to see my baby. I woke up when it was still dark outside, and we got ready and left. We were home by lunch and I think Ford was glad to see us. He had grown!!!!!!!! I don’t think I will leave him again for a very long time even though Puddin and Pop said he did great. Thanks for taking such good care of my baby Puddin!!! Trey and I had a lot of fun though!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...