Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Riding on a Toolbox and Sleepless in Senatobia



The title to my last post was called “The Coupon Queen.” I stated that I had gone to www.coupons.com and printed off some coupons for my next Wal-Mart trip. Well, I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and got behind this truck. Do you something wrong with this picture? Isn’t it illegal to ride on the toolbox of a truck? Whatever happened to “Click It or Tick It”????? You know me, I always have my camera handy so I whipped it out of my purse and captured the moment. Taking pictures of random cars and posting recipes might be my new claim to fame. Probably not! And will you know, when I got to Wal-Mart I realized I had left the blasted coupons at home. Never fear… I will use them next time!

Speaking of recipes I said I had a good one to share next time… and well, its next time. This one comes from the Prime Meridian cookbook.

CARAMEL FRENCH TOAST

1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter
6 tablespoons light corn syrup
10 (1 ¼ inch French bread slices)
4 eggs beaten
2 ½ cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter melted

Ina medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, ¾ cup butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until bubbly. Pour syrup evenly into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Place bread slices over syrup. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir well and our over bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Preheat over to 350. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over soaked bread. Drizzle ¼ cup melted butter on top. Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.

My Sunday school class has breakfast once a month and this is my signature dish. It’s really pretty quick to fix too.

Don’t you just love the pictures of Ford????? (I have bragging rights since he is my child). We had someone take these and I just had to share. Speaking of the little guy… he WON’T nap very well. I mean to put it lightly he sleeps a total of 1 hour a day. He naps 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon. He has never been a great napper, but at one point I had him sleeping for 2 hours in the afternoon. I could accomplish things. Now I can barely stuff my lunch down and start a load of laundry before I hear him talking. He is waking up happy and usually kicking his legs in the air, but I can’t get him to stay asleep. We are also having problems with him waking up in the night. When he was smaller we used to swaddle him in his Miracle Blanket (new mothers invest in one) and that really helped. He has outgrown the blanket. What do I do????? Veteran moms I need help. I know a lot of you won’t comment on my blog, but if you have the secret to staying asleep share the wealth. E-mail me at jlamar44@hotmail.com

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Do you have a sound machine? We swear by one, I put it on rain, crank down the air and blackout the room. We take it on vacay too.

The Dimino's said...

Ford is just too cute!!!! Brady doesn't nap well either!!! He sleeps good at night though!! Up until now he has slept in the bed with us but now I am trying to get him to sleep in his crib!! It is going pretty well!! He sleeps about half the night in it and then he starts crying so I go get him and as soon as I lay him in the bed with us he is out!!! I think he likes the tempur-pedic bed!!! LOL I really don't blame him though!!!

Janice said...

I think you know I don't have the answers to the sleep thing. Sorry, I can't be of more help :(

Katie said...

I love yur random pics. No advice on the sleep thing, either. I think each child is different and they all go through spells... so maybe it's just a spell. Josie has been sleeping through the night a couple weeks but I am not going get my hopes up that it's permanant!

Ashley said...

Oh my word!! I have been missing out on some good stuff!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...