Friday, September 25, 2009

The Coupon Queen

Yesterday I was watching the Rachael Ray show and they had some “expert” on there talking about saving money. I would definitely consider myself a thrifty shopper and remind Trey on a regular basis how lucky he is to have me as a wife since I don’t spend a lot of money. I grew up in a household that was conservative when it came to money. I blame that on the fact that my dad is a banker! Well, this guy was talking about coupons and how the average person who uses coupons comes from a household that has an income of $75,000 + and the ones who make less than that usually don’t use them. My mom is the COUPON QUEEN! I have a lot of memories of her from my childhood sitting in her chair with the newspaper, scissors, and her red Fred’s coupon holder. She has now graduated to a navy blue leather one. I started thinking that I should sooooooo cut out coupons, but we don’t get the paper. Well hello, it is 2009 and I do have the internet. I got on www.coupons.com and printed off some good ones. I highly recommend that website!!!

Today my mother in law offered to keep Ford while I went shopping. Bless her little heart. Unless you are a mother of a small child or have been at some point in your life, you have NO IDEA what it means to get out of the house ALONE!!!!!!! I mean when she pulled in the driveway that baby was in his seat ready to go. Before getting in my car I decided to get out my “old cds” from high school. They were so old some were in a zip lock bag!!!!!!!! I am so ridiculous. I went thru them laughing and trying to figure out which ones I should listen to. There were lots of “classics” to choose from. I picked out a few and popped them in the cd player and jammed out all the way to Southaven. It was GREAT! Now if you went to Oak Grove High School you can ONLY imagine what all I might have been listening to. And unlike my husband, it was not country!!!!!! I laughed thinking of my 3 best friends from high school and how we used to get all ready to go out on the town and “bump” our tunes! I am attaching some pictures of us from high school. We called ourselves the posse’.

You gotta love the fashions we were sporting!




As I blogged about recently, I am doing a Beth Moore Bible Study. It is going great. When I got ready to leave last week the person I was sitting next to said that I smelled good. I thought… hmmm is that a compliment or do I normally stink. I said thanks and kind of laughed saying I did shower that morning! (I always shower). She said I know but you just have a small baby and all. Are you supposed to stink if you have a small baby!!!!!!??? Well, when I got home I put Ford down for a nap. When he got up it was time to eat. He sneezed and green beans went on my pink shirt. I picked him up and got slobber all over my shoulder, and when I changed his diaper… well, lets just say it wasn’t tee tee that got on my hand. So maybe now I understand why she said I smelled good. It was only 11:00 in the morning!!!!!


He found his feet yesterday


I feel odd not adding a recipe since I did the last 3 blog posts. Maybe I will add another one next time. I already have one in mind!

1 comment:

Katie said...

YOU SKANK. I love my mile long zipper in the second pic. And Amanda's camo ensemble. And I will not go into detail about your khaki pants... all I will say is do you remember Dawn the security guard??

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...