Monday, September 21, 2009

I was "The Host"

I spent all of last week cleaning and freaking out over hosting a baby shower at my house. Since Ford has come into the picture my idea of cleaning is running the vacuum cleaner and cleaning the bathrooms. That is about it. I had lots to do before all these people showed up at my house. Trey likes to make fun of me and tells me I stress out too much over stuff. He is right, I do. I honestly started cleaning six days early and still had to recruit my mom to come on Saturday. I had “the list” of what all needed to be done. I feel such a sense of pride and relief when I make a “to do” list and I get to mark something off!! We even had the yard man come and plant a circular bed around a tree and to add a bed in front of the lovely addition to the storage room. For those of you who have read my blog for a while you probably remember Trey’s “man room” we added on while I was pregnant. Naturally it poured down rain the day of the shower, but ironically didn’t really rain during the shower. Everything went well and I think my friend got a lot of good baby supplies…and I got a clean house!!

I look like a shrimp in this picture. Did I shrink???????



Recipe #3

Corn Flake Chicken Casserole

Corn Flakes
1 stick of butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

Boil chicken and cut up. (I actually chop mine in my chopper) .In a small square casserole dish crumble corn flakes to cover the bottom. Melt half a stick of butter and pour on top of corn flakes. Mix cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, and chicken in a bowl. Pour mixture on top of corn flakes. Crumble more corn flakes on top of the chicken mixture and melt the rest of the butter. Pour it on top and cook at 350 until bubbly. ** I use the light sour cream and healthy choice/fat free soups to cut down on calories. It still tastes wonderful.


Now this is what I call sleeping!!!

Ford was supposed to be playing on the blanket. I walked in to find him partially under his baby bed.


WAYS TO PREVENT THE SWINE FLU

1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).

2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe or slap).

3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation.
In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.

4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.

5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.

6. Drink as much of warm liquids as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do
any harm.


And to end this blog post.... Where do you think this guy was going????

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Now THAT is a blog entry! I like it!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

You are hilarious!! You remind me so much of myself with the cleaning and the swine flu preventative measures!! I am going to try some of these recipes! They look good and I like ones that only have a few ingredients!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...