Monday, September 14, 2009

Reunion, Recipes, and More


Ford and his best buddy, James Still

So we had the big class reunion and Shae’s wedding this weekend. I actually didn’t take as many pictures as I thought I would. I don’t even think I got any of the wedding. I apologize for those of you who were looking forward to them. The reunion was a good time for all the old buddies from the class of 1999 to get together. Trey only graduated with 38 people so it was rather small. I graduated with 240. We have to wait 2 more years until my 10 year reunion… I’m still a baby. I think all in all everyone had a blast and enjoyed getting together.



Recipe #2 as I promised.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PIE

1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9’’ pie shell (graham cracker)

Melt 1 stick of butter. Mix with 1 cup of sugar. Beat 2 eggs with a fork. Mix. Add 1 tsp. vanilla. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans. (I chop my pecans up real fine. Not a big fan of pecans). Pour into a 9’’ pie shell. Cook at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

That was fun wasn’t it??? It’s my signature pie. I actually got the recipe from my mother in-law. Trey says I make it all the time. Not only is it easy it’s delicious. If you make it you will understand why.

As you all know I am staying home with my sweet baby this year and not teaching. I do miss little kiddos though. I started tutoring again yesterday so I feel a bit connected to the teaching world. It was fun. I am tutoring a 4th grader in math.

Ford is doing well. He is growing like a weed. He is so funny how he loves to look and see what is going on….kind of nosey. Not sure where he gets that from???? He has been helping me get our house all nice and clean for the baby shower this weekend. My best friend from college had her precious baby boy several weeks early (14 to be exact) and we didn’t get to have her shower before he came so we are throwing one this weekend. I volunteered my home and now I have to get it all in order. The shower isn’t until Sunday but since I stress over the small things in life I have started cleaning and all that jazz early. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ford is the CUTEST baby I ever seen!!! I am so happy for ya'll! Your blog is too cute. I have one too, but mine is set up private right now. I would love to invite you to it. What is your email? Hope all is well in the great "tobie town"!! Again, your baby is precious. I know ya'll are having a lot of fun with him:)Hopefully I will see ya'll in Oxford soon!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Thanks! My e-mail is jlamar44@hotmail.com

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...