Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random Blog Entry

Today we have lots of random stuff to talk about…

We’ll start off with my Bible study. I just began going to a Bible study on the book of Esther. I am sure you are thinking the same thing I was; Esther… hmm not one you hear much about. It’s a Beth Moore study, part discussion and part video lecture. I went for the first time on Tuesday. Day one was like an intro as what is to come during the 9 week study. The title of the study is called “It’s Tough Being a Woman.” Beth Moore had participated in an online study about the top 3 most challenging things about being a woman. She read some of the answers the 400 women gave. These were some of the top answers, yielding (submitting to your husbands), balance, and hormones. Hot dog, I can relate to all three of those! She went on to say that women and their hormones can cause a lot of family problems. Such as… you will argue and fight with the ones you love the most, but cry during a commercial. I found that to be true as well. I don’t cry during many commercials. And this was the one she ended with that was knee slapping funny… It’s hard being a woman because: I have to wear panties and try to hide the fact that I do!! I just started thinking about all the things companies make to hide those lines in your pants... hence SPANX.

Okay moving right along because I am sure any guys reading this wishes they would have skipped paragraph 1 and I might be getting a call from my husband wondering what I was thinking and why in Sam Hill did I write that.

Lets do a recipe. I recently cooked dinner for a new mother and took her this particular dish. I am a picky eater and enjoy cooking things that aren’t hard and don’t take forever.

CHICKEN AND SUN DRIED TOMOATOE FETTUCCINI

4 chicken breasts
½ cup chopped onion
2 tbs olive oil (I add more)
¼ tsp pepper
1 7 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp basil
8 oz. fettuccini
Optional capers and black olives .(I do not put them in mine)

Cut chicken into strips/pieces (set aside). Drain tomatoes chop and set aside. In a 12 inch skillet (with a top) heat 1 tablespoon oil from tomatoes over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Add chicken and cook 8 min. Stir. Add basil and tomatoes… cook 1 minute. Stir in olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and rest of oil from tomatoes.
Heat thoroughly. Top with parmesan cheese

Okay wasn’t that fun! I want to know if you try my recipe. I have 2 more recipes I plan to share in later posts.

Lets throw in a little Ford... You can't have a post without him!!


So I went to Wal-Mart this week. That’s what I do… I go to Wal-Mart. There’s not a lot happening in Mayberry so I get fired up about a weekly grocery run. Well, when I was walking out of the store the other day I noticed this man looking oddly at a car as he was driving away. I checked out the situation and apparently it is acceptable to park your car in the middle of the AISLE. I mean come on people. I know you can see the lines in the parking lot and are aware that you may not park where people should be driving. Being the prepared person that I am, I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the goose who thought they could park wherever they wanted to???????!!!!!!!!


We have a big weekend… Trey is in his 347593475 wedding and it’s the big Magnolia Heights class is 1999 high school reunion. Don’t you worry one bit, I plan to document the 2 occasions and share a post with you all. Until then happy cooking and feel free to park your car wherever you want… it’s the thing to do!!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Jill, my sister in law just got through doing the Esther study at her church and absolutely loved it! She shared a lot of funny things from it. I know you will enjoy it!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Esther is such a great book, you will get so much out of that study!

Hilarious that you called out the "goose" that parked in the aisle. I also document random things (gotta have that camera at all times) usually just to tell Stephen later, but he doesn't appreciate them as much as I'd like. I guess I'll have to start blogging about them too. Good stuff.

Millie said...

It was great seeing you again today. You look great. And Ford, well, he is as cute in person as he is in the pictures.

I too have heard wonderful things about the Esther Bible Study. FYI: Beth Moore is coming to Memphis in October. I already have my tickets.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...