Monday, September 7, 2009

Dove Hunting, Ole Miss Rebels, and Carrot Sticks


As I discussed in the last blog, this was the big dove hunting weekend. Trey has been going with the same group of guys since we moved to Senatobia. He was up bright and early Saturday morning. I don’t think the sun was even out when he left. It amazes me how men can get up at the crack of dawn to go hunting but seem to have a hard time getting out of bed other times. They killed lots doves and Ford and I even had the pleasure of going to the dove field later that afternoon. I gave Trey some baby Carhart overalls last Christmas so Ford wore them out there. You have to dress the part you know! I guess he should have some camouflage, but he doesn’t. I will work on that.

Yesterday was the first football game...Ole Miss vs. Memphis. No, we didn’t go. Trey and I haven’t gone to the game in Memphis in 6 years. It’s too blasted hot. Instead we watched it on the large 48’’ TV that Trey thought he needed back at Christmas. Again, you must dress the part for such occasions so Ford had on his Ole Miss jersey. It was great. We had some friends to come over and watch the game. They brought some yummy snacks. Ford enjoyed chewing on a carrot stick. The little man is quite spoiled because he threw a fit if you took it away or if he dropped it on the floor. He gnawed off a small piece of it and we took his treasure away.

We have had a good weekend. I do love a Monday holiday!!!! Trey and Ford went to the grocery store for me so I have some time to catch up on my blogging!! I hope everyone had a great Labor Day!!!!!

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Hahaha....love th overalls! Didn't know they had baby Carhart. That's too cute! Have a good weekend! Love the fam pic- you look great :)

The Gilreath's said...

So cute, Jill! We also have the same Carhart overalls!

Katie said...

I am actually starting to see a little of you in him! Finally!

Janice said...

Brad agrees with Katie, and he loves the Carhart overalls! I haven't tried carrot sticks yet. Maybe I should, they seem pretty sturdy!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...