Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A more interesting entry

I had a request tonight from the woman who drives the yellow car, that plowed over my mailbox this summer, to write a more interesting blog entry. I didn’t know germs and my dog were so bad!!!
I am kind of having the beach blues. We’re home, Labor Day is around the corner, summer is almost over, and I am back in school. YES, you read that correctly back in school. I didn’t say I was “teaching” school… nope I am a student. The husband convinced me that I should get my masters in Education while I am taking this “time off.” Honestly, that is the last thing I wanted to do. I am great at making excuses about why I shouldn’t do something and I had a whole list for him. Obviously he won. And to be quite honest I’m glad. I have been to 2 classes already and I think I may love it. I am still being true to my Rebels, just not driving all the way to Oxford; I am going to the De Soto Center. My class is small, with only 9 students and the professor. She is a funny lady and reminds me a lot of how I used to teach. You just never know what might come out of her mouth next. My class is only one night a week which allows for some good father/son bonding time!!!

As for that son of mine, Ford, he is growing up so fast. He was 4 months yesterday. I asked Trey the other night what I would be doing right now if we didn’t have Ford and I really didn’t know. I would probably have been watching TV while relaxing on the couch. Whatever does relaxing mean these days????!!!!!

He has moved on to bigger and better things from the rice cereal. We are now eating veggies!!!!! The child is definitely a Lamar and loves his food. Thus far we have had squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots. I personally think he is not a big fan of the carrots and I don’t blame him. They look nasty. He obviously isn’t crawling at 4 months, but he is on the move. If I take my eyes off of him he is off the rug and on his way to a more interesting place. Today I found him partially underneath the ottoman! I love this kid.

Dove season is the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trey is fired up… I am not. Remember I only hunt deer. I couldn’t shoot a dove if my life depended on it. Not that I wouldn’t, but I couldn’t… I have poor vision. I do better with larger targets. I have been dove hunting once… same weekend of Katrina… I nearly pinched my finger off putting bullets in the gun and decided NOT to go back. My screams scared off all the birds anyways. Maybe I will post some pictures from the big dove hunt this weekend. Until then I hope this blog entry is okay for you my mailbox hitting friend!!!!!!

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Love it! And I think all your blogs are interesting ;) Love the new song too!! One of my all time faves!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Aw! I liked the germ post. I was just happy to know that there is someone else as OCD about germs as I am. Just got back from Target picking up the new clorox wipes that kill the flu germs!! I plan on using them everywhere I go!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...