Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rice Cereal


So, on my last blog entry I said that I had not cheated and given Ford any rice cereal. That was then… this is now. HE LOVED the rice cereal. Technically I wasn’t “supposed” to give him any cereal until his 16 week check up. He is 14 weeks and 5 days…close enough!! I just got this wild hair that it might be time to venture past the milk and explore bigger and better things.

I called Trey at work and told him he would need to come home and video this historic time in his son’s life. Being that I am rather impatient and Trey works 200 yards from our house, I called him back after 15 minutes and threatened to start without him. At first Ford slopped some up and it slowly came back out of his mouth. Since he is a smart boy and a fast learner he realized this new stuff could have some possibilities and opened up like a baby bird!!

As you can tell from the picture we only had a diaper and a bib on. That is how we will eat from here on out. It was up his nose, in his lap, all over his hands and arms, and even on me. I think he got some in his mouth. We bathed immediately after the feast and had some play time. Then had some milk and off to bed. Its 7:45 and he is snoozing…hopefully until LATE tomorrow morning. I am not going to get my hopes up because he is a Lamar boy and they like to eat.


4 comments:

Janice said...

Yay! Ford :) Isn't that so fun to watch them eat for the first time? The messes do get a little better if mommy feeds them, but when daddy gets involved. You will have to change his clothes :)

Wendy said...

You are so brave!! Hasn't even occured to me!

The Gilreath's said...

Looks like he loved it Jill! i have been giving Mack the rice cereal in his last bottle of the night for several weeks and he is now sleeping through the night. I have not tried the spoon yet, I need to get up the courage and go for it like you!

Ginger, David, Adeline & Seth said...

Seeing that carseat in the background makes me remember the days when the infant carrier was such a fixture that it had its own spot in the living room. Sigh, these days go by so fast, enjoy him!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...