Sunday, August 23, 2009

Anthony Family Vacation


So, we just got back from the Anthony family vacay 2009. It has become a tradition for the past few years for my parents, Boompa and Gran, to take my brother and his family and me and my family to the beach for a week. As the years go on we seem to be adding more and more little ones to the mix. This year there was a total of 9 in attendance on vacation.

We left last weekend headed for Destin. Trey of course was in a wedding so he missed out on the fun adventure down south. He flew in a day later. I put of course next to his name since we had 19 guys in our wedding, he is getting paid back. I know…ridiculous… he just has a lot of friends. My parents and I left on Friday and stayed in Jackson for the night at Puddin’s (Trey’s mom) house. If anyone is confused his parents do live in Senatobia, his mom is a Supreme Court Justice and is in Jackson during the week. Okay… back to the story…My mom rode with me to Jackson and dad followed. Ford was great…not one tear was shed. The next day we got up and headed for Florida. We stopped in Hattiesburg (my old home) and saw Katie, her precious baby Josie, Stephanie, and her cutie Maddie. We actually only had one more stop before we got to Destin!!!!!!! And believe it or not Ford made it ALL the way without crying. We did have one bump in the road when he blew up his diaper on me at a gas station, but I had extra clothes.

The first night was great….we at Whataburger!! I do love that place. It’s kind of a tradition…don’t laugh. The weather wasn’t tip top until about Tuesday though. That was okay because we were able to hit up the outlet malls to check on all the bargains they had going on. And will you know that my husband was able to spend more money than me. I am a thrifty shopper my friends. He is another story. The night after Whataburger the fam decides to cook shrimp. GAG me please… nothing that swims goes in this mouth other than fried catfish. I am ashamed to say it, but I got KFC while at the beach!!

Tuesday was the first pretty day. I was so excited to go and lay on the beach and get a MUCH needed tan since I have been in hibernation with Ford all summer. But, it did not occur to me how little time I would get on the beach. Between feeding, burping, napping, bathing, and playing with Ford a lot of my day was used up. I can honestly say I “may” have spent about 5 hours total on the beach all week. I didn’t even have a raft to do my favorite thing which is jump the waves. Yes, I am 27 years old and too old to do that, but it’s just a thrill to me. Even though I was only out there a few hours I was able to score a killer sunburn which put a damper on things since Thursday was a beautiful day, and I couldn’t bare to think of going into the sun again. I shopped!!!

I did eat things other than Whataburger and KFC… we had Captain Dave’s, Lousianna Lagniappe, Acme Oyster Bar, Cheeseburger in Paradise.. just to name a few. It only took us 11 ½ hours to get home. Thank goodness Pop (Trey’s dad) let us borrow his van or we would never have gotten everything in my car. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies. Ford did EXCELLENT until the last 80 miles and he let it all out. I figured the little man would cry himself to sleep but he is strong willed and needed us to know he hated his car seat. We got the point loud and clear. There were no major catastrophes and hopefully the parental units will invite us again next year. Thanks for a GREAT vacation Mom and Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am loving Ford's brown bathing suit. I know I have said this a million times... but he looks just like a miniature man! I love it! And you look great too, mommy.

Janice said...

Looking good momma! It looks like y'all had a great time :)

heatherstockett said...

So glad y'all had a great vacay! And that you got a little time on the beach :) I LOVE Louisiana Lagniappe!! Your family pic is so cute. Sorry Ford blew out his diaper, though. That's happened to me twice, so I feel your pain. XOXO

The Savage Family said...

cute pics! He's getting so big!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...