Sunday, August 9, 2009

100 Days Old!!!!!!




My little man is 100 days old!!! It’s hard to believe that I have been a mom for that long already. The time has flown by…but when he is screaming it seems to drag on forever! KIDDING!!! It’s amazing how much babies change in the first few months of their life. At first Ford just laid there and looked at me with a glazed stare. Now he laughs, talks, rolls over, holds his head up high, pays attention to his surroundings, and eats his hands non-stop.

The hand eating deal is a result of teething I am guessing. I sent Trey to the pharmacy to buy some Orajel to rub on Ford’s gums. Remember, up until this point the only thing that Ford has tasted has been milk…I have not cheated and given rice cereal for anyone who is wondering. Well, I squeezed a little Orajel on my finger and rubbed it on that baby’s gums and his face was priceless. I started laughing so hard at his expression that the little guy started crying. Not sure if I hurt his feelings or if it burned…. possibly a combination of both.

Last night Ford spent the night with Puddin and Pop. Yes, you read that correctly, I let my little baby spend the night out. I deserve an award for that. Actually, Trey and I were supposed to go back to Pickwick with some friends for the night, but I had serious anxiety about being 2 hours away the first time I left him, so I canceled. Sorry Scott and Meg. Instead we settled for a trip to Memphis for some ribs at the Rendezvous. They were delicious as always. Trey said that we could just go in there and eat a sausage and cheese plate and go somewhere else and grab something else. After walking in the door and being hit with the aroma of the juicy ribs we stayed and stuffed our faces. After the ribs we went to a roof top bar in Harbor Town. If you aren’t familiar with Memphis it’s right by the river. It was fun sitting out there until the mosquitoes attacked at dark. I have 9 bites on my right foot alone… have not counted the left one yet. After becoming dinner for the skeeters Trey and I left and came home. We were in bed by 10:30!!!!!! Party animals…I know! I think I got less sleep last night with Ford away than I do when he is home. Puddin sent me a text at 6:30 and said he was awake and I went and picked him up. Needless to say, Ford and I both survived the night and next time I think I will let him stay longer! We may even make that trip to Pickwick after all! Thanks for taking good care of my little man, Puddin and Pop!!!

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Already 100 days old?! It goes by so quick. Congrats on your first night out! Jackson was 6 months old before he spent his first night out and I still hate leaving him.

Katie said...

He looks like such a happy baby. Can't wait to see him in person Saturday!! And good for you for getting out... I think it makes you even appreciate them more if that's possible!!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Oh goodness I do not miss those mosquitos in Memphis!! They were terrible!! Sounds like a fun night out on the town though. I miss Memphis BBQ!!

Wendy said...

I love the grandparent names puddin and pop!! so cute! Bailey is going to spend the night out at my parents for the first time this weekend!! Yay for free time!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...