Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pickwick Trip

On Friday Trey, Ford, and I left for Pickwick Lake with Puddin and Pop (Trey’s parents). We drove up after lunch and spent the afternoon on the boat cruising around the lake. It was a beautiful day and that water wasn’t too cold. Ford has a great time. He LOVES being outdoors. He enjoyed the wind blowing his hair up like Einstein’s and then took a wonderful nap in Puddin’s arms. Trey and I jumped in the water but with safety gear of course. We floated on life jackets and noodles until Trey started talking about gators and things so I bailed on him. I know there are not gators in the lake but if something would have touched my feet I would have PANICKED! That night we went to eat at the Broken Spoke which was delicious. I was extremely nervous taking Ford in there after 7:00. Messing with him at that hour is like playing with fire. If you can’t tell from the pictures the little man loves to eat. So, being the smart momma that I am I packed him a HUGE bottle. And of course, he drank it all and then passed smooth out in his car seat. We ended up having a great meal and evening and Ford slept until 6:30 the next morning!!!

On a different note… school starts back here on Thursday. I must admit I am sad not to be going back. However, I absolutely love being a stay at home mom and would have it no other way. I know some of my former students read my blog and I wanted to say GOOD LUCK in 4th grade and I love you. I will be sure to come and visit ya’ll some this year!!

Teaching really is a passion of mine and I do plan to get back into the classroom one day. It’s so much fun being with kids and in a way you never really have to grow up. Trey doesn’t think my humor is as funny as I do, but my students always enjoyed it! There is no telling what they went home and told their parents… I would be scared to know.

My sister in law started a new business so when you are browsing the web check it out… http://www.mollycarolinedesigns.com/


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...