Thursday, June 10, 2021

Highlands part 1

Anxiety gets the best of me sometimes, although I don't like people to know that.  It's gotten worse with age.   Ohhhhh I'm OCD, Type A, germ freak, a planner....y'all know if you've followed me long enough.  Trey jokingly says I would never leave 38668 if he didn't make me.  That's about right!  He is a goer and a doer and not Type A.

Well, two years ago a lobbyist told him about a nice vacation spot she likes to frequent with her husband.  We gave it a whirl back in 2019 and decided to make it an annual event.  Naturally, we didn't get to go last year because of "the rona" so here we are in 2021 and we went.  I just "kind of" tried to think that I wouldn't let my anxiety get the best of me and "went with" whatever Trey said.  He said, "We're flying!"  Okay.... well, you can't fly into Highlands, North Carolina, so we flew to Atlanta.
Reverse.... Let me tell you that he firmly believes 45 minutes to 1 hour before the plane leaves is ample time at an airport.   Lord help me!   This was the line we waited in.  We got on the plane 3 minutes before they closed the door.

We flew to Atlanta and took an Uber to Hertz Rent-A-Car.  Ohhhh y'all.... I sat in this huge parking garage on the luggage waiting for Trey at least an hour.  We then drove around Atlanta for over two hours while Trey tried to "dodge" all the traffic.  I was HANGRY.  That's beyond hungry....  ohhhh man!  So, we originally thought if we flew to Atlanta, rented a car, and drove the remaining 2 hours that we could be there a little after lunch.  We made it at 4:30!!!

Sky Valley

Finally to Highlands, NC

They know the word "hospitality".  I mean they greeted me with a beverage.  It's my kind of place!

We ended up getting the same exact place from two years ago.  It was like coming home!



Thursday night we went to some hippie garden concert.


The singer...I think she needs to eat!

They decorated our bed night one....

Friday I slept until 11:00!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't done such since college probably.  I almost felt illegal.  Then we headed to eat lunch.

Pizza is my middle name.

Then we went shopping.  Two years ago Trey bought me a pretty ring.  This time I got a bracelet.

Next we went on a short hike.





Then we toured a flower garden.....


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...