Saturday, June 5, 2021

Awards

When I was in college studying to be a teacher they would always give us tips for when we had a job in a school.  Hindsight is 20/20 and if I could go back and relive my educational years, I would apply myself a lot more.  However, I remember a "key tip" a professor told us during a class.  She said, "You better make friends with the janitor."  She meant they better be your bff.  Because, if the janitor doesn't like you and someone is puking on your floor, well TOUGH!  Soooooo I have always been tight with all the janitors at the schools where I worked.  One of them at my school now brings me prizes occasionally.  This was my latest!....
The school year is complete.  I finished teaching a third grade self contained class.  When school started I didn't have one single word on my wall.  When the year concluded, I had 144.  I LOVED my wall!!!!

The Bit was steadily trying to lose some teeth.  A child always looks so different when the top ones come out.

Annie's class went to the park.

Bitty won an art award.

Award's Day!!!!!  Bitty won the highest average in Language Arts and the first place AR trophy!



Mrs. Bouchillon is a hard teacher, but boy did he learn a lot.


Ford got a 95 or above average, the highest average for a boy in his class and second place AR.



I was honored as the elementary teacher of the year.  This was completely shocking.  The requirements are that you have to have taught at MHS for 3 years, which I have, but I honestly thought it would be years before I would receive this award.  I do put my whole heart into teaching.  My teaching philosophy has changed over the years.  It's changed the most since I have become a mother.  I want to be the teacher I want my children to have.  With that being said, I want them to want to come to school, to feel loved everyday, safe, and learn.



No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...