Monday, May 4, 2020

I Highly Recommend It

Life is slower and I am growing to love it.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am naturally a homebody.  I like my house, my people, my stuff, and my pace.  I don't love all things quarantine, but I am liking being here.

Bitty....oh this child!!!  That quarantine hasn't been good for he and I.  Why?  Because he NEEDS me too much.  He wants to be held, cuddled, hugged, kissed 24/7.  When he first wakes up I have to hold him on the couch before he can eat or begin his schoolwork.  I think it annoys the other two.  After he does one small assignment he needs attention.  Therefore, last weekend I sent him to the farm with Trey to do man things.  We needed time apart.

Fishing can be a dangerous sport.  Did you know that?  If you get your line caught in some thick bushy mess, it's not best to yank it out.  The result of Ford doing this was a fishing hook in the leg.

Did you know that dentists wear many hats?  Our dentist gave Ford several shots to deaded his leg, he pushed the hook on through, cut off the barb, and pulled it right out.  I am thankful to live in a small town with caring people.



We got our driveway paved.  Bitty supervised from inside.

Annie wanted to send pictures of her puzzles to her teacher.


One day was jersey day....

Matchy Matchy


Ford tried hard to get himself a turkey this year, but it wasn't meant to be...


Zooming...it's what I do.  It can get boring if you don't spice things up a bit.  I told the kids they could dress up one day.  I went with the patriotic theme.

They were speechless when I sang, "I'm Proud to Be An American!"

A sweet student left this on my desk!!!!

TA and Pam came to get the kids to check cows.

She loves me this much!

One of my BFF's from high school is all about fitness and nutrition.  She recently posted on Facebook some alcoholic drinks that weren't too high in calories, (I think).  Maybe I should rephrase and say they were healthier options than other things you could choose to drink.  I decided it would be fun if some friends from the neighborhood got together and tried these drinks.  I volunteered to host the first porch party since it was my idea.

This is the drink I served.  I like bourbon, so I thought it was good.









Actual picture of the one I made.  Another friend gets to host another drink.  I highly recommend.  It was fun!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...