Thursday, December 26, 2019

The bird took us to Santa Barbara

Let me start off by saying, "I HATE TECHNOLOGY"!!!!!!!!  Yes, I do.  I have been trying for weeks to import my pictures from my phone to my desk top.  It constantly says it can't import my pictures.  So I just don't blog.  Well, times a ticking on 2019 and I can't make a blog book if I don't close out my year.  So I downloaded an app on my phone to blog.  The app was being contrary and after a good 45 minutes I am finally blogging.  I'm slightly frazzled.

Back in August, Trey said he had to go to Santa Barbara on a business trip.  He asked me to go.  Missing school, planning for a sub, and trying to arrange life for my kids while I am gone is not my favorite activity, but I said, "YES".  I planned for 2 weeks and made it happen.   We left for Cali the week before Thanksgiving.  




Trey always picks glamorous flight times.  I got up at 3:00 AM and we departed around 7ish.
We landed in Santa Barbara about 10:30 AM.


We caught a ride to our hotel....

I grabbed a drink...

The views weren't exactly like Mayberry.






We went for a quick walk before he had to go to meetings.  I assured him I would be OKAY!!!

Definitely not a Destin beach, but it was pretty!




We arrived on a Tuesday.  On Wednesday I think I slept until right before lunch.  It was Heavenly.  After his meetings the group went on a private tour of Ronald and Nancy Reagan's Ranch.


You couldn't take pictures inside the ranch house... this is their bedroom from outside.





The ride up to the ranch was pretty rough...up a mountain.  I thought Trey would be sick.

My morning walk around the hotel and villas...


We went on a two hour bike ride.  I sort of thought I could die.

One day we went on a wine tour....








We visited 3 wineries...




The next day we walked around downtown....

This was my favorite store in Santa Barbara.  They had the neatest gifts.






We got home at 1:00 AM on Monday morning.  I slept 3 hours and got up to go to work the next day.  Luckily, it was Thanksgiving break so we only had teacher inservice.  After the meetings I went to the doctor because I felt poorly.  I was told I had tonsillitis.  Tuesday I woke up and felt worse and had fever.  I bet I haven't had fever since I was a child.  I called the doctor and told them I needed to come back in.  After further testing it was determined I had mono and staph in my throat.  I had a good time in Cali, bit I'm thinking I'm safer in 38668!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...