Thursday, May 30, 2019

Girl Time

I never thought I would be a girl mom.  I mean, deep down, I would say most women would love to have a girl.  However, I was blessed with two boys, first, and then my caboose, a surprise....my girl.  We are BFF.  We are tight.  We are twins (so shes says).   We are side-kicks.

The boys have been gone all week, 9:00-4:00 to sports camps.  That leaves me and Sister to figure out the day, alone, doing woman stuff.  Yesterday she insisted we go on a picnic.  I suggested we include Gran and have a picnic at the cemetery.  Annie thought that was a good idea.

Lately, when she's exhausted, she will cry and say she misses Gran.  I know she doesn't remember my mom since she died when Annie was 10 months old.  She does hear me talk about her almost daily and I think that makes her understand that the woman was very special.  I show her pictures and videos.  Even though she doesn't have memories of her, I want her to know that she was loved deeply by my mom and her Gran.
Today Annie had an ENT follow-up appointment after getting her tubes removed.  We decided to do some retail therapy, play at Chik-fil-a, and have ice cream beforehand.  

 While up in that area, minus two kids, I thought we should go ahead and get the school shots over with.
 3 shots....one in each arm and one in the leg = a BAD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nothing a trip to the gas station for Bubble Tape Gum and a pink lemonade can't help.  Notice I didn't say "fix", I said "help".
 Tonight was Annie's last ballgame.
 Running to get her trophy.
 And she desperately wants a bat bag.  She wants one sooooooooo bad that she offered to carry Bitty's!
Go Annie Go!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...