Thursday, February 1, 2018

You're too strict

I have mom brain here lately, meaning I can't remember squat.  The struggle is real.  Trey is constantly telling me not to go crazy on him.  I put things in the wrong places, I repeat myself, and I honestly can't remember if I've done stuff sometimes.  For instance, I will stand in front of the cabinet and wonder if I've taken my vitamin or not.  I hope this is all normal.  It could be due to sleep deprivation.  No, I don't have a newborn, but I play musical beds all night long.  Annie wakes me up about two times a night wanting me to sleep in her bed.  Buying her a queen sized bed was one of my better moves.  I sleep in there about half of the night every night.  All I want for Valentines, Mother's Day, my birthday, Christmas, Labor Day, Flag Day, and Halloween is SLEEP!

So Annie is full of energy and herself.  She is always on the move, jabbering, dancing, squealing, and flipping.  I decided to try her out at gymnastics.
 To say she loved it would be an understatement.  She was obsessed.  She was all over the place.  She was running, jumping, and flipping.
 She was begging to go back the next day.  My videos are priceless!!!!!!
 We've also been suffering from a runny nose, and a mysterious red cheek.  I think she fell at church on Sunday.  It was normal before Sunday School and after big church it was red.
 They're all growing so much.  They've all got drastically different personalities.  Sometimes you must document their cuteness before school.
 Sleepy.  Sticky.  Sucker.
 This child.  Poor first born.  I push him.  I expect sooooo much out of him.  I treat him like he's older than 8.  I expect him to be perfect too much.  He's a good kid.  He's smart.  He's kind, tenderhearted, caring, and a rule follower.  Ford is a pleaser.

The other night I was lying in Annie's bed with her until she fell asleep.  The boys were in her bed too.  After Annie was fast asleep I kissed Bit and went over to kiss Ford goodnight.  He quickly pulled the pillow over his face so I couldn't see him.  I pulled it off and he was crying.  I snuggled up beside him to find out what was wrong.  He said, "You're too strict on me."  It was a vague but true statement.  I didn't know what exactly he meant by too strict.  But we talked.  I told him I wasn't going to back down on him academically.  I told him I knew what he was capable of (All A's) and I didn't want him doing anything but his best.  I explained that one day he'd have a family and be the leader of the household...he would be expected to support his family.  I apologized for not having enough patience while I am playing a single mom since daddy is in session.  We talked about him being a good example for the littles because they'll follow his lead by acting out, not minding the first time, etc.  I hope after our conversation he understood my "strict ways" better.

I'll own it.  I am strict.  Strict is good.  This is a crazy, scary world we live in.
 I just really like that he calls a restaurant a rest-er-naunt.
 As if three kids weren't a lot to manage, we have a dog.  A wild dog.  A dog who is the poster child for ADHD.  I think he needs meds.  I swear dealing with him makes me think I need meds, and I am kind of anti-medicine.  He's a dog who acts like a mix between a cat or rabbit too.  Yesterday he killed 3 birds.  The kids saw this female cardinal on the steps.  They went out to inspect and then I told them to come inside because Otis had obviously done something to it.  Within seconds Otis, the dog, rounded the corner, grabbed the bird, feathers went flying, and the kids went insane.  I mean traumatized.  Needless to say, he slept outside last night because I wasn't cleaning up throw up.  The list of my dog complaints could go on a mile long.  If you want my German Wirehaired Pointer that's 6 months old YOU CAN HAVE HIM!!!!!
 Big Boy went to the All A's Breakfast this morning!
 I took the boys to get haircuts after school   Bitty wanted a buzz cut.  I refused to give in to such.  We compromised on some gel.
 I think he thought he looked cool.  He wants some "hair clay" so he can fix his hair like Mrs. Rachel did.
 I thought only women needed hair products!!!!!
 And not to leave Bitty out on the pushing, good grades, and doing his best etc., I have been doing flashcards with him.  I made these when Ford was his age and pulled them out.  Well, actually, I had a list on my pantry door.  I decided he'd memorized them so the cards seemed like a better idea.  It wrecked his world!!!!!!!!  I mean worse than food.  Crying.  The ugly cry.  Screaming.  Carrying on and such.  But I am a tough momma, and I didn't care.  We pushed.  We persevered.  He read all of these twice today and "AM" was the only one that gave him problems.  I'll take that!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...