Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Is it enough?

  Last week my babysitter, Anna Greer, left for college.  She's been keeping my children since before there even was an Annie.  Her leaving and entering that next chapter in her life has really gotten me thinking.... Is it enough?  Is what I do everyday enough with my children?  Do I give them enough hugs and reassurance that I will love and protect them all of my days?  Have we put the love of Jesus in their hearts where they will long to follow Him forever?  Do they understand how important being nice is, good manners, the simple words "please and thank you"?  Will they remember to wash their hands when they come in the house to get the nasty germs off and leave their shoes in the mud room?  Do they know we must bathe every night and go to bed early so we will feel good?  Are they team players, sweet friends, good sports, good listeners, fair and honest?  What if I died tomorrow and there was no more momma... have I done enough?  When Ford leaves the nest in 10.5 years will he be prepared for the cruel world?  Do I read to them enough and challenge them with their schoolwork?

As you can see the "Is it enough" factor has been on my mind hard lately.  Maybe getting up at 5:00 AM isn't early enough!

The other day when we got home a hummingbird was stuck in the garage light.  Ford and I both acted sissy about getting it out.  I was thinking it would attack my head.  Finally I told him God gave me boys to be brave and he needed to get it out!
Four wheeler
This would be about 6:45 one night before bedtime.
Last week the babies slept together for 4 nights until Ford decided he missed his bed.
I found this pool at the end of season clearance at Wal-Mart....$5.00!
Bitty was mad I got pink.  It didn't stop the nude fest from happening though.
When you don't need your picture taken.
The boys stayed with my dad last Friday night.  When I went to get them on Saturday I swiped a bag of my old dance clothes for Sister to play dress up with.
Some cute things she says....

"No pank me momma!"   (No spank me momma).

Chapets (chapstick)

Everyone is a ma'am....women, kids, and men

No butts...she actually doesn't say this anymore but, No Butts meant "not much".
Saturday Ford was jumping on the couch.  I got on to him and told him we don't jump on the furniture.  Naturally, Annie followed his lead and landed herself a bloody nose.
Those teeth will definitely need braces!
Yesterday on the way home from Wal-Mart we grabbed Emery for a quick play date!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...