Saturday, June 10, 2017

That Season

It’s that season of our lives.  You know when you’re busy as hell, you don’t know if you’re coming or going, you go into one room to do something and completely forget why you went there in the first place, there’s no time to cook, family meals seem to be a thing of the past, your communication skills with your spouse are slim to none, and you’re in a state of constant hurry.  That’s me.  That’s us.  We are the Lamars!
It’s June 10, lots has happened lately, and it appears I haven’t blogged since May 30.  I am busy.  Always busy.  Three kids = BUSY!  As if we weren’t busy enough, Trey and I went back to New Orleans for a quick two night trip.  I really didn’t have time to go because last week I had Annie in swimming lessons at 9:00, Bitty in lessons at 11:00 and 6:00 and Ford in science camp from 9:00-11:30.  Throw in some dentists visits and baseball and I was busy.  But I went and was GLAD for a slight break.
Fancy, yes, I feel the need to call him that, was asked to speak at The Mississippi Association of Justice Annual Convention.  I didn’t attend the meetings, but I went to The Ritz for a mini vacay.

First stop= Middendorf's....
 Puddin is also fancy and was asked to speak at the convention, so her and Pops were in The Big Easy too.  We had a snack with them on Thursday at the Red Fish Grill.
 Friday night we went to a dinner at Antoine's.  Trey and I ate here some 14 years ago on one of our first dates.
 The dessert was phenomenal...
 The Ritz does a nice breakfast buffet...
 Trey informed me after breakfast that he was going to a meeting.  I told him I'd go for a walk and maybe do a little shopping.  Several doors down I found a spa.  My feet needed some tlc so I plopped down in a chair for an hour!
 The swanky convention list....
 Trey was at 4:30...
 Puddin was at 2:50....
After his meeting we did some shopping and Trey got hungry, so we went to the Crescent City Brew House so he could eat an alligator poboy.
 Our hotel
 Friday night we hopped in a cab to meet up with some friends who were in NOLA.
 John David and Becky were fun dinner dates with us....
 We had a wonderful meal at the La Petite Grocery
 My steak nicely cut into strips for my convenience....
 Deciding our next move...
 We went to a party for someone important (can't remember exactly what) and found Brennan Chapman!
 Long night and long hallways in The Ritz
 Yes, this is a busy season in our lives and quiet frankly, I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.  But we love our crazy, busy life and each other.  I had fun with you, Fancy!!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...