Monday, December 5, 2016

Ebeneezer

  So 4 years ago my Granddaddy, my mom's dad, left Jackson and went to the VA in Oxford.  Mentally he is all there, but physically his quality of life is slim to none.  Throw in the fact that he can't hear and it's just not good.  Regardless of the toll being 92 can put on your body he's still the sweetest man I know.  I've been his "Jill Baby" for 34 years and I'm a one sided pen pal to him.  Yep, I send him two letters a week, and have for 4 years, and haven't gotten one back yet!  

I try to go see him when I can.  Last week Annie and I had some shopping to do in Oxford so we went to visit.  Now, mind you, Annie doesn't see him often and wouldn't know who "Granddaddy" was if we talked about him, but you would have thought they were life long friends.
Sister climbed right up in that bed with him, pulled the covers up, loved on him, brushed his hair, and jabbered in her own special Annie language.  My heart was so happy seeing this.
She planted one right on him.  Ahhhhhhhh it was a sweet sweet time!
I can remember being beyond excited at Christmas time as a child.  Who am I fooling, I am now too.  The other night Trey brought home Christmas tree #2, a real tree, steaks, and we watched Christmas movies.  Christmas cartoons make me so proud.  Trey snapped this picture from outside while he was manning the grill.
When you're fancy they ask you to do things quite often.  Last week Trey was asked to get inside a dunk tank, in December, in shorts to raise money for a good cause.  He (who knows how) was the only person all day who didn't get wet.  Lucky him!
In case you were wondering, the elf on the shelf is real!!!!!!  We went out of town Friday night and came home to this!!!!......
Does Ford look sick to you??  He woke up this morning crying and coughing.  Therefore, he stayed home from school, we went to the doctor (viral), and had lots of make up work to do.  The kid pulled a fast one on me!
I got this tree in 2007 when we moved to Senatobia.  Trey was living in St. Louis getting his masters of law in tax and I was living the high life alone (as a newby) in Mayberry.  Puddin and I went out in the rain to buy this tree at Lowe's.  I thought it was so pretty because it has different branches and was so full and thick.  Naturally, my luck, one section didn't light up, but I kept it.  Now some 10 Christmases later only about 10 lights work on my tree.  So instead of tossing it to the curb like Trey wanted to do, I kept it and strung 1,100 lights on it myself.  Yesterday Bitty was messing with some plugs and BAM the lights that I put up stopped working.  To be quite honest I wanted to be Scrooge, and scream: "I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I have been in sort of a funk lately with being sick from the common cold and missing mom.  But today I refuse to be Ebeneezer and I plan to replace the fuse and cross my fingers that the lights will indeed come back on!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...