Sunday, July 3, 2016

There's an artist in the family

Since we moved into our house last March it's been a constant struggle to get it fixed up.  You have to know first off that I hate to decorate.  It's not my thing.  If it were up to me we'd have hodge podge stuff, and I'd be okay with it.  But it's not okay with Trey.  It's not okay at all.  However, Fancy doesn't have time to go shopping for decor, I refuse to shop for such, therefore I enlisted a trusty friend.  Trey said to do one room at the time.  The current location is the living room.  

There have been lots of projects in that room.  Currently, we are working on draperies.  Ohhh I'm excited about those.  But but but... Something I've been waiting on for a while is my piece above my mantle.  My sister in law took up painting a little over a year ago and has really taken off.  

Two years ago on my birthday I got this....
For Annie's birthday I requested art instead of toys.  I'm smart...I know.  (This is a big piece)
Trey and his dad are super hard to shop for.  Christmas, birthdays, and Father's Day I literally rack my brain for ideas for those two.  Last fall they went to South Dakota on a pheasant hunt.  I asked Ashley to paint their picture.  It ended up being a good gift!  (I think it's an 11x14)
The original 
And and and.... He's my 48x60 piece for my mantle!!!!
It's amazing how one thing can totally transform a room.  She's so talented.  I'll stick her link here if you want to see more of her stuff.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...