Thursday, June 23, 2016

Nashville and sweet 16 months

Sometimes Trey has to work out of town on different cases at the law office.  Two weeks ago he had to be in Nashville.  This week he had to go back and requested that we join him.   Let me be honest, I can be realistic or he says pessimistic about stuff.  I saw this 4 hour tour to Nashville as a small disaster.  I can predict the future, so I think, and #1 Knew we wouldn't get to Nashville until Sunday night, #2 Knew that Trey would be gone all day Monday in depositions, #3 Knew sleeping would be tough 5 deep in a hotel, and #4 Knew that ride to and from wouldn't be fun.  Guess what.... I was RIGHT!!!!  But we went, I sucked it up, we survived, and made it home in one piece.

Less than and hour out of town and Fancy put on the muffs...
The Omni Hotel
They apparently aim to please the little folks at this hotel, because the kids got backpacks full of good junk.
We got checked in about 6:30 and then headed for some Mexican food.
Happy Father's Day!!!!
Fortunately, we got a room with two queen sized beds.  We brought sister a pack n play.
Daddy had depositions in that big Regions building.
Looking for Daddy...
The children and I headed out for breakfast about 8:00.  Little did I know we'd be walking 3/4 of a mile and Bitty couldn't hang.  We found breakfast though...
Annie grabbed a chicken wing.  Yes, they had chicken wings on the breakfast buffet at 8:00 AM.
My kids acted like the Beverly Hillbillies.  You'd think they never leave home.  They loved a hotel.
After breakfast we went to the Adventure Science Museum.
I think she bit him after this picture...
And what luck... When we left the place a radio station called Mix 92.9 was giving away FREE sno-cones.
Ford thought his was nasty.
After the museum we headed back to the room so Annie could nap.  Please for the love of Pete, that was a 40 minute struggle.  Finally she slept.  Then we headed to the pool.
I sat in this chair for 13 seconds.  Then I chased Annie for 45 minutes.  Then we left.
Friday afternoon we went to see my college roommate and her family.  Sadly, I didn't get a picture.  Afterwards we visited one of Trey's friends, then got ice cream.  By 9:30 Annie was OUT!
Tuesday she woke up at 5:58.  I raced to grab her before she woke everyone else up.  I decided I'd go ahead and shower.  What do you do with a 16 month old in a hotel room when you need to shower?  You lock her in the stroller with a sucker.  That results in a sticky mess and a morning bath.
After I (yes, I said I, not we) packed the stuff we headed to Trey's favorite place in Nashville.  Please go there and get the sweet potato pancakes.  You can thank me later.
Big two days wears a woman out...
Trips can be fun, but it's so nice to get home.  This was my vantage point from the kitchen window.
Today (6/23) Annie is 16 months old!!!!
She's around 23-24 pounds.
Wears a size 18-24 month clothes and a size 4 shoe.
She has 12 teeth and HATES whole milk.  Yes, I still breast feed.
She takes two naps a day anywhere from 1-2.5 hours.
She's excited about life all day long.  She jabbers and squeals.  She holds her own when Bitty interferes with her activities.  She loves bath time, outside, animals, suckers, juice, pizza, french fries, swimming, ice, balls, to be held, ice cream, golf cart rides, etc.
Our first babysitter, Samantha, who started keeping Ford when he was tiny had a baby.  Acklen is teeny.  Bitty has been about to have a duck to go see him, but refused to hold the baby.
Ford loved holding him.
Here's to more summer fun....

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...