Monday, February 29, 2016

Dancing FOR the Stars

I enjoy the reality TV show called "Dancing with the Stars".  You have to wonder how much practice, patience, and experience the couples have.  I know I'll never be sitting in the audience of the hit show, but I got front row seats at a local dancing competition debuting yours truly, FANCY!!!!!!

We had a little dress practice Friday night... notice I didn't say rehearsal! 
Jodie, Trey's partner, and obviously someone who possess an amazing amount of patience, and Fancy practiced for months.  She text me in the fall inquiring about him being her partner.  I laughed, a good laugh, shared his digits, and prayed he'd accept the offer of a lifetime.  He did... they practice, she probably cussed him under her breath a lot, but it paid off!

Even ole BoomPa wouldn't miss such a momentous occasion.
Trey and Jodie pre Smooth Criminal debut.
There were 9 couples competing and they were #7!
He broke out moves I had never seen in my over 13 years .....
 Wonder what that face is???  He looked like that the first minute or so!!!!
 Get it!!!!
I think Bobba enjoyed herself!
Dad, aka BoomPa, is known to have some moves himself.  I guess they were discussing Trey's performance!
WINNER of the Crowd Choice Award!!!!!!  They also raised the most money the night of the event.
Here's the real star and one who will benefit from the almost $49,000 raised, John Roy.  The night was held to raise money for The Baddour Center.  Please look at the link.
Liz won the most money raised before the event!
Pam, you're up next year, sister!
Despite ALL the complaining (I'm using a nicer word there) this boy had a great time and is quite proud of himself and that shiny trophy!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...