Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A victim on her birthday

Yes, I am quite aware that Little Miss Priss has been dominating the blog here lately.  Things have been happening in her world that are worthy of documenting.  

Yesterday was her birthday.  In 2015 and 2016 I got up at 4:00 AM on February 23.  I do NOT plan to make this an annual event.  Last year it was because she was scheduled for eviction (c-section) bright and early, and this year we got tubes!   What a fun way to celebrate your birth.  

So, I woke up at 4:00 after sleeping only about 4 hours.  God tells us to be anxious about nothing, but I have such a hard time with that.  I couldn't fall asleep, I woke up from 1:30-2:00 to feed her (they said no milk after 2:00), and the blasted alarm went off at 4:00.  
We left at 5:45 headed to Memphis in the dark.  We were nearing the interstate when a rabbit ran out in front of my car.  I smiled real big.  My mom loved rabbits.  She had them in almost every room in the house. I knew God was sending me a hello from mom saying it would be ok!
Fancy had to be in Jackson (y'all are all welcome citizens of Mississippi) so BoomPa came with me.  Puddin and Pops kept the boys and got them to school.  I couldn't do it without my helpers!

Annie wanted the bear. 
These nurses are super smart.  Give the children a toy to play with while you check their weight and blood pressure.
She is fat and squishy and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
That dimple.  Those cheeks.  That hospital gown!  Ohhhhhhh so cute!
Sister was busy busy busy for the ummm 45+ minutes we waited.
It's good to have a BoomPa around.  He was "Johnny on the spot" when he thought she might fall or was getting too close to other people.  I enjoyed the rest!
Okay now to the real issue... the tubes.  They weren't kidding when they said it would be fast.  Dad didn't even finish his small cup of coffee and they were paging us to come on back.  The nurse "warned" that she might cry and be upset after the procedure.  Well, she failed to mention that should would be acting like a maniac who wanted to kill the world.  I have NEVER in my life!  Annie was screaming, crying, kicking, sweating, bucking, swatting, scratching, etc.  When we were talking to the doctor in the conference room I heard her crying.  He said, "Oh there are a lot of babies back there."  Ha... nice try doc.  I know my baby and it was her yelling to the high Heavens.  Dad and I took turns being a victim of her wrath.  It went on for 30-40 minutes.  Finally I nursed her to sleep and we headed home...
Pitiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She couldn't hang anymore.
The nice nurses let Annie pick a toy since she was about to have a rough day.  Since she had  no clue what to pick I chose the doll for her.  Then when they found out she was being violated on her birthday she got the twirly light-up toy too!
When we got home I found a sweet card and snack in the mailbox from the same friend who left me a bag of sunshine!
And we can't leave out "The Bubbas".  Yep... after no sleep the night before I was struggling ALL day.  I bathed the littles at 3:15 and Ford got a shower by 4:45.  Annie was in bed by 6:30 and the boys and I hopped in at 7:00.  And that's how it's done!


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...