Sunday, October 4, 2015

Kindergarten work is my favorite

I love blogging.  It's very therapeutic for me.  I also enjoy writing about my favorite people and our activities.  

So Ford is in kindergarten, and with that comes a lot of learning.  He's learning to read and doing lots of work.  Every Friday I get a folder filled with completed work checked my his teacher.  This is fabulous....
I just smiled and smiled at this.  I'm keeping it.  Like forever.  It'll go in his book I'm making with special things in it. Kids spell the way we talk.  "I love my friends because they are playful."

Last Friday we went out to eat as a family.  That's exciting enough.... Ha!  We stumbled upon this lovely fall display. You know what I thought... Photo shoot!
Sweetums did good for about 20 then needed some attention and a few puffs. 
Have you ever built a house?   I highly recommend NOT doing it.  The decisions are never ending and projects keep coming up. For the last two weeks we have had men continuously working by putting up gutters and another crew putting in irrigation, bushes, and sod.  It's finally complete!!!!!!
Triplets
Last week The Bit felt lousy. Actually everyone currently does but me.  He needed to cuddle ....
And take a bath at 9:00 AM
His class has been talking about community helpers.  They learned about mailmen and sent themselves a letter!!!
The letter of the week was "Ff".  We sent "f" cookies.
Naps do a body good.
This preciousness got her first tooth on October 3 on the bottom right.  Today on October 4, she got the bottom left.  Ready for a steak.
Personal hygiene is a must.
She's sitting up so good.
Just doing a little work
The struggle is real
Ok I have a yucky picture.  So I posted a few back that I got some moles cosmetically removed.  I told the doctor I had a flat wart on my finger and asked him to freeze it off.  He insisted I use some cream. Y'all, it's killing my finger.  It has acid in it.  I think my finger will eventually rot off.  The wart was/is the small dot in the middle.  It's making my hands crack and they hurt!!!!
Before I begin let me say, I don't sew.  I just pretend that I can.  I wanted to learn to sew REALLY bad about 4 years ago and talked to a lady who owns a store here in town.  She convinced me to make Ford a quilt for practice.  I did and it turned out just fine.  That meant that John Brantley needed a quilt as well.  Well, along came Annie and she can't be left out so I got to quilting again.

On Thursday I ran by her store and bought this lovely thing called a jelly roll.
I pulled my machine out of the box and set up my work station.  I found the YouTube video on how to make the jelly roll quilt and I watched it a few times and began sewing about 8:30 on Thursday night.
After I sewed all 1,600 inches I viewed the video again for the next step.  Step two was cutting.  And AMAZINGLY, I had sewed the wrong corners together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To my defense she NEVER said which way to sew them... she only said to lay the right sides together.  I considered crying and thought bad words.  So I sat up until midnight and pulled all gazillion tiny pieces of thread out and resewed the first step the right way!
Then I went to bed...
Friday morning when I put Annie down for a nap I got busy again...
Ta Da!  I finished the top.  I took that sucker to have the backing put on.  Hopefully it won't take too long then I'll finish sewing up the edges and Annie girl will have her very own quilt too!


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...