Sunday, September 27, 2015

Festivities for homecoming

The boys' school had homecoming last week.  What is homecoming....
1. a return home. 2. : the return of a group of people usually on a special occasion to a place formerly frequented or regarded as home; especially : an annual celebration for alumni at a college or university.

It was a big week of activities and special dress up days. 

Monday- collegiate day
Gotta support our Rebels
Tuesday was costume day.  Too bad for Bit, but he doesn't go to school on Tuesdays.  He was so looking forward to this day too.  
Spider-Man 
Wednesday was cowboy/western day
Since Ford's class was in the parade I let him dress up in the cool cowboy attire.  
Thursday John Brantley doesn't go to school.  That day was just wear a school t-shirt day.  Nothing exciting.  I forgot to take a picture.  Oops!

Friday was jersey day
Bitty beats to the tune of his own drum if you haven't picked up on that already.  
Friday each grade level was to set up a tent for tailgating.  I was in charge of the kindergarten tent.
The school provided pizzas and paper products.
Moms supplied chips, cookies, brownies, drinks and such.
A little football afterwards
On the ride home Ford said: "It made me feel special that you were there today!"   That little guy has my heart.  I know sooner than later it won't be cool to have your mom around, so until then I will soak it up.  I promised him on the ride home I would try to always be at everything I could.  (Side note... We all know I missed both boys' Easter egg hunts in the spring while I was dying from the stomach bug).  But Lord willing, I'll participate in everything I can.  Cheers to a fun week had by all.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...