Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Smooches are Mooches

Despite the fact that I will be 38 weeks pregnant on Friday, I refuse to slow down.  My thoughts/theory on this are: I will soon be home-bound for weeks so I might as well enjoy the fresh air while I can.  Can I get an Amen???


Last Friday after I picked the boys up from school we headed to Oxford to see my granddaddy at the VA.  I hadn't seen him in about 6 weeks, so I decided to get in a visit before Annie’s arrival.  Ford and Bit both wanted to push him down the hall.  This brought back so many memories of me pushing his mother, my great-grandmother, in her wheel chair at the nursing home when I was a child.
 Missing naps can be tough.  You gotta catch one where you can.
 I've said it before, but my boys love some Curious George.  It's the one show they can both agree on.  I caught this cuteness before school the other day.
 Riding the horsie...
 The other day I asked JB: " Do you want some smooches?"  He replied with: "What's dat?"  I told him they were kisses.  Now he wants "mooches" all day long!!!!

When he gets mad at me he calls me a "meanie" or he says, "I no love you."  Ford will quickly pipe in and say, "I love you, momma!!"  Ohhh the joys of children!
The other day John Brantley fell asleep in the car.  I picked him up and we came inside.  He was being very still and I couldn't tell if he was asleep in my lap or not, so I took a picture.  I thought this was a lovely shot of my ever expanding belly, which looks like a watermelon right here.
Today was baby doctor day.  I only have 1 more appointment before she arrives so I thought I'd document the occasion.  Yes, I have on the same green shirt again as in the picture above.  It's one of the only shirts that will cover my melon belly.

I'm 37 weeks and 5 days.  And JUST as I suspected, the pounds came on this week... a grand total of 4 might I add.  That's impressive.  I guess having Mexican twice and a huge meal at the steak house during the week didn't help.  So if you're calculating this I have completely messed my goal up of gaining 32 lbs. or less like I did with Ford.  I've now gained 35!!!!!!!!!
I asked my doctor if it was normal not to feel as much movement now as I had been feeling.  I assured her that I still felt movement, but not like I had in the last few weeks.  She said yes, but decided on an ultra sound to check on Miss Priss.  I didn't object since I hadn't seen her since 21 weeks.  Ohhhhhhhhhhh she was just as cute as pie!!!!   Weighing in at 7.13 pounds.  She measured and checked out just perfect so I can just relax and W-A-I-T on her to come.  Whenever that might be.

I don't know if you can tell or not but that's Annie.  Gran and Puddin couldn't figure out how to look at this picture.  The top is her forehead... then you see her eyes and nose.  She has her hands over most of her mouth, but I can see that top lip... it's big like her momma's.  And of course there's a cheek which I will be "smooching" on in a few days.  Annie is being EVICTED on February 23rd unless she comes before then on her own.
I would like to extend a warm welcome to anyone who wants to come visit us in the hospital.  I plan to stay on my mini-vacation until the insurance company kicks me out.  I see this as an amazing opportunity.  I won't be cleaning, running errands, doing laundry, bathing kids, feeding kids food they refuse to eat, or cooking.  I will lie my happy self in that hospital bed and rest (as much as humanly possible) until I'm asked to leave.  Usually "the crazy" (that would be the post partum hormones, people) don't set in for 3-4 days so rest assured that a hospital visit is Oooo-kay.  Now I can't promise anything after about day 3 or 4.

To add to my new momma crazy, we are moving just days after she arrives.  I'll be even nuttier.  Therefore, if you choose to visit us at home please beware.  Always know that food is welcome at anytime!

Love to all....


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...