Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A shower for my baby girl and a cape for Ford

I love sweet people.  Don’t you??  You know the kind that you can really tell like you and care about you.  The older I get the more I am aware that “true friends” are few and far between.  So the ones you do have, you need to embrace and hang on to. 

After I found out I was pregnant with a girl, a friend of mine insisted on hosting a shower at her house.  I hesitantly agreed, because most people don’t have a baby shower for a third baby.   But she said since I was having a girl that I needed a shower.  I concurred.  Several others that are near and dear to me offered to help host and so a baby shower was born.
I gave strict instructions to keep things simple.  No one listens to me obviously.  They went all out and above and beyond.  The afternoon was so perfect. 

Pink roses are my favorite. 
 Don’t I look slim in this picture to be 35 weeks pregnant?????  Ha ha ha ha ha… I had on Spanx.  Non-maternity kind.  I couldn't breathe and probably upset my child all day long.  Sorry Annie… My legs were too white to skimp on the hosiery.   

My mom, Gran, me, and Annie (baking away)
 I L-O-V-E the initial monogram.  This will go above her bed when and if we ever get moved.
Aren't these the cutest things???  Her initials are on them.
 My sweet sweet hostesses... Amy, Julie, Elizabeth, Dana (whom I call Tiner), and Meg
 Taylor, Jessica (Bogan) and me.  These girls and I lived together the summer of 2003, and we were in each other's weddings… Ohhh the memories!
 Taylor came up from Jackson.  Bobba, Trey's grandmother
 A few of the gifts Annie was "showered" with!
 My nieces, Caroline and Molly Cate, helped me open the presents
 Rhonda (Big Momma), Jeanette (Boo), and My mother in law, Ann (Puddin)
 My helpers
Thank you to all who came and helped to celebrate my little girl who is coming ANY day now!!!!!
A few blogs ago I said that I was slightly stressed about Ford’s 100th day of school because we had to make a cape.  Well, we bought Ole Miss material (imagine that), I cut it, and sewed the seams.  The other part of the instructions was to put 100 things on it.  Well, Ford didn't want to mess up his cape one single bit.  I decided to try stickers since you can pull them off easily.  Well, they kept falling off so we gave up and insisted there were 100 M’s on there anyway.

Monday morning he was ready… Can you tell??????
 Around 8:45 the kiddos arrived via “The Cheese” (school bus) at McDonald’s.  I had offered to come and help distribute their breakfast.
 I think the mask adds so much to his attire!
 This child is priceless..... there is not another like him.
 MHS- 4K class of 2027!!!!!


No comments:

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...