Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sleepless Nights and Severe Anxiety

When my kids don’t act right I start to worry.  Now I am a worrier by nature, I’m a mom, but when they start acting odd I crank my worry up to another level.  You know what I mean?  Okay, so both of my children have stuff going on, and I am sort of at my “whit’s end” if you will.  Let’s start with Mr. Personality, aka Bitty.

Last week we transitioned from a baby bed to a big boy bed because he kept “falling out” (on purpose) of the crib, and I was worried he would break his neck.  Well, since that little stinker has been in that bed has hasn't been sleeping the way “I think” he should.  The first 5 nights or so he was up with the roosters between 5:00 and 5:30 AM.  This is no lie.  I could handle that because I get up about 5:15 to get showered and ready for the day.  Well, NOW he decided that the middle of the night partying is more his style and he’s transitioned to THAT!!!  That I am NOT okay with!! 

My sleep is some kind of valuable to me, and when a small ankle biter is yelling through the monitors or invading my room at obscene hours of the night it affects my daily performance majorly.   He’s more into waking up at the 1:00 hour now than the 5:00 hour.  Two nights ago we had a fabulous game of musical beds going on.  It started at 1:30.  Bitty cried and I sent Trey in to “talk to” him.  When Fancy left I could hear John Brantley crying for about 15 minutes.  THEN he came in my room hollering, “momma”!!!  Therefore, it was my turn to “lay down” with him.  We laid for 30 minutes and he wouldn't go to sleep.  Finally I told him I was going to bed which he replied, “Ford” (but he can’t say his r’s correctly so it’s super cute).  I put him in Ford’s bed and 30 minutes later he’s back in my room.  By this time I was exhausted and let him sleep in my bed.  I’m glad he slept well because Trey and I didn't.  And for the record, I had to WAKE HIM UP at 8:45 AM so I could make it to Bible study on time.  What do I do about this child??????

Like my shower cap????
 This my friends is the PERFECT example of hard headed and strong willed child.  He wouldn't put a tractor up and cried and wallered in the floor for 30 minutes.  Then he wouldn't sit in his chair at supper so he got to pitch one outside.
 A rare sleeping moment!!!!  Oh and he HATES covers.
Then there’s Ford.  Oh where do I even begin with Ford?  No, we aren't having sleeping issues with him, rather separation anxiety.  It’s bad people!  I am not exaggerating, and I don’t know where this has come from.  The child wants to be at home all the time and needs both of us here.  When there is the possibility of a babysitter he freaks out.  If I have to go somewhere he worries and I get about 20 hugs before I leave.  He begs to stay home from school.  He talks about bad people taking him.  It’s a situation and I don’t even know how to handle it.  He cries anywhere from 3-5 times a day!

Ford is a sensitive child and always has been.  He is more emotional than most, but he has stepped it up like 100 notches here lately.  What do I do???????

I decided to send his teacher a message over the weekend and offer to have a letter party.  They are studying the letter “Dd” this week and I thought having “Dd” snacks one day would be fun.  She accepted, and I, along with several other mothers, sent “Dd” things.  We had plates and napkins with “dots”, donut holes, Doritos, dum dums, and drinks.  The kids were all about this activity!
 Ford is the leader this week so apparently with that title comes the job of squirting the germ-x.
 D snacks!
Next stop was the park!  It was a really pretty day, but was rather warm if you were in the sun too long.
 The child loves the monkey bars.
All the cute 4K students in both classes
 See Ford up top....

And sleeping or anxiety tips for my boys are welcomed…. 

2 comments:

Christy said...

I really don't have any advice but I can totally relate. Parker keeps talking about going to heaven to see God. I'm sure it's all innocent but it freaks me out a little and makes me worry. He woke up in the middle of the night just to tell me that he loved me. I love that he wants to see God but I'm not ready for him to leave me. I hope things improve soon for you.

Janice said...

Hey Jill! I had a friend that had a baby in May, and her 6/7 year old daughter did this same thing (Ford) until the baby was born. After that she has been great! It may just be that he is sensing a big change coming with the baby. Good Luck, and I hope it passes.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...