Monday, July 21, 2014

Three

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  – Jeremiah 29:11

Yep, God has plans.  He does.  Now his plans aren't always my plans.  Oh no!  I promise I try to map my life out in my head.  I’m just trying to help the big man upstairs since “I think” I know what is best for me and my crew.

Now I have contemplated ohhhh so many blog titles for this post in my head.  If you have been a follower of mine for some time that could be scary because when I write a “Let’s Get Real- Jill Addition” kind of blog post you just never know what you’ll get. 

Some titles I thought of were: “God has a sense of humor”  “I cried”   “Oh my goodness”   “Surprised”   “His plans, not mine”    “Three”     “Are you kidding me???”

Hmmmm who’s head is spinning now???!!!!  Yes, I love a good suspenseful blog…don’t you???

Well, on June 26th, that would be a Thursday, I decided to take a pregnancy test and BOOM there was… a BIG FAT plus (+) sign smack dap in the middle of it.  Ford had a friend over to play and I was busy helping them and didn't go back to check my test for about 5 minutes, because honestly I thought it would be negative (-).   I looked at the test.  I looked at the instructions to make sure that plus (+) sign meant what I thought it meant.  And sure enough, it did.  I was preggo.  

So, Ford had a friend over and Bitty was asleep so that left me only ONE thing to do… panic alone.  Yes, panic.  I panicked because it wasn't “my timing”.  I wasn't planning this.  February is a bad month for two reasons… 1). Trey will be in Jackson because the legislature will be in session    AND    2). I’m pretty sure that’s around the time we will be moving.   I paced back and forth and thought, wondered, and tried to plan.  An hour and a half later the friend left and I loaded the boys up in my car.  We went to see Trey at work.

I told the boys to go see Ms. Judy and see if she would give them a sucker.  I hurried up stairs and tossed the test at Trey with tears in my eyes.  He looked like he saw a ghost.  I remember him saying, “You couldn't give me any warning?”  I said, “NO!  I didn't get any warning.”  He calmed me down somewhat because I could secretly tell he was excited.  Trey had been rooting for #3 all the while.  I honestly thought we were done!

Almost two weeks later I went to the doctor and it was confirmed that I was indeed pregnant and the butterbean was coming February 28.  I know that there’s a good chance Three (as I shall refer to the baby) will come earlier.  Ford was 10 days early and JB was 11.

Trey and I decided to keep the news to ourselves for a few weeks and let it all sink in.  We told my parents and the boys on my 32nd birthday, July 16th.  Let’s just say they were pretty surprised.  See video.  We told Puddin and Pops the next day.  I didn't get a video of the, but I would say they were equally as surprised.

*** I'm not sure if the video will even work.

NO ONE is as pumped as Ford Lamar.  Can you tell???  He has prayed and thanked God for this baby every single night.  He desperately wants a sister, but said he would be happy with another brother too.  John Brantley doesn't totally get it.  He also refuses to graduate to a big boy bed and give Three the baby bed.  I have a feeling there will be A LOT of adjustments coming in the next 6.5 months. 



2 comments:

Maria said...

I've been waiting on this post! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and especially for Ford. Never underestimate the power of a little believer's prayers!

Christy said...

Congratulations on the party of 5!!! I think your blog title is perfect. Happy Belated Birthday!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...