Saturday, July 12, 2014

Golf course crashers

Being married can be a difficult task, and being married to me can be an even harder one.  But somehow Fancy has managed to put up with my Type A, not always easy to live with- self for the last 9 years.  To celebrate we took a quick trip to Greenwood, MS, to stay in a lovely hotel there called The Alluvian.

I woke up Thursday morning to a sick child.  Why is it that when we have something planned disaster strikes?  Happens too often.  Well, Bitty woke up extremely needy, hot, and breathing funny.  After about 30 minutes of monitoring him we headed to the doctor.  His throat was red and we were given the baby cure all, amoxicillin, and some coridzone for the funky breathing.  Against my better judgment, I decided to go ahead on our little overnight excursion.  Fear not, less than 10 miles down the road Ford had already called 4 times.  Maybe teaching him how to call my cell phone wasn't my best thought yet!!

We got to Greenwood around 2:30 and I headed right over to the SPA!!!!  For Mother’s Day my boys gave me a trip to The Alluvian Spa, and it was ohhhhhh so nice!!!  I felt tears of sadness when my hour massage had come to an end!

After the spa I showered and headed down to the lobby for happy hour with Trey and another couple we met for the night, Seth and Julie.  
 At 7:30 we took the hotel shuttle to an old, yet famous restaurant, called Lusco’s.  Julie and I threw the guys in the back!
 Seth and Trey have been best friends forever.  They are born two weeks apart and share a special bond.  I love his wife, Julie.  I wish they lived closer so our kids could grow up together.
 This restaurant was some kind of old!!!  My parents said they hadn't been there since college and I assured them the décor hadn't changed a bit.  We were seated in a private room with our own curtain.  That’s my kind of dining.  I guess we thought that our private room meant that we could be as loud as we wanted.  However, I’m pretty sure the entire restaurant heard every conversation we had.  We closed the place down and I plan to visit them again real soon!

Even though we had a night away we didn't sleep in.  We were up by 7:30 getting ready for the large buffet breakfast which I was instructed (by my mom) not to miss.  It was quite delicious.  After 24 hours away and about 18 calls from Ford we were back in our normal little everyday life!!!  What a great trip we had though….
The house we are building is coming along… kind of slowly.  Patience is not my strong point, but I am trying my best to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Trey has spent a lot of time planting bushes and trees around the property line, and I have spent a lot of time watering them.  For over a year now, I have saved milk and laundry jugs to water the blasted plants, but praises… we now have a well!!  The boys decided to test out the water.  Yes, I let my kids drink out of it… we gotta build that immune system.
 After 7 years of living in Mayberry I finally decided this summer that we would go to the country club swimming pool on a regular basis.  The boys love it.  I love it.  And it’s a guaranteed good night’s sleep if we go!  I think they spend just as much time snacking as they do swimming.
 Representative Lamar, aka Fancy, is playing in a golf tournament this weekend and Friday afternoon he decided to go to the course and play a practice round.  We couldn't let him go alone.  When we got to the club we learned there wasn't enough room in the golf cart for us.  So what’s a girl to do… get your own cart!!!  Bit-Bit (as he refers to himself) loved cruising around and would show his disapproval when we stopped.  Ford spent a lot of time telling him “shhhhhhhh” because he was being too loud for the other golfers.
 Somehow Ford has his own mini sized golf club and took his ball hitting very serious.  He even blew a few chunks of grass sailing every now and then.  He’s better than me for sure!!!  Bitty hit the ball a few times, but he was more interested in cruising around.
Beep Beep
 After about an hour we were prompted to leave.  I think we had worn out our welcome.  We did what any normal group would do… headed to the swimming birthday party at the pool!!!!  Yes, we were invited!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...