Tuesday, June 10, 2014

383 Pictures: PART 2

And I’m back with PART 2 of our vacation 2014 posts.  Do any of you know my dad?  He’s more Type A than I am.  Sorry, Dad, but you are.  He is.  If you would have asked him in March to map out our vacation (food wise) he could have told you to a T.  We bucked it a little this year and he still made it through the rest of the trip successfully.  Night 1 was supposed to be pizza.  We all vetoed that idea.  My family had pizza the two nights before and Ken’s crew doesn’t like it that much.  So we ordered food from a local joint down the road.  Night 2 was supposed to be shrimp boiled at the condo.  We bucked that too.  Trey ended up cooking fish for the adults and chicken for me.  We must remember I don’t eat things that swim.  The rest of the week we didn’t ruffle his feathers anymore.  We just needed to stir him up a bit at first. 

John Brantley was a live wire 95% of the trip.  The 5% he wasn’t into everything imaginable he was asleep.  And sleeping was an issue.  We didn’t have a rocking chair.  THAT WAS BAD!!!  I still rock my baby at nap and bedtime.  We enjoy that calm snuggly time.  So when it was time to sleep he would get upset and say “wock wock”.  He wasn’t a happy camper.  When I reminded him there was no rocking chair and we could just cuddle he would say “home home”  The baby wanted to go home to sleep and rock.  The house we rented had a bunk room with 6 beds, each 3 beds high.  I would cuddle with John Brantley and then take him to the bunk room.  He woke up every. single. night!  Sleeping wasn’t my favorite part of the trip.
My nieces, Molly Cate and Caroline
My brother, Ken, and his family

My nephew, Jack
Donuts for breakfast from the Donut Hole!!!  Yum Yum
Jack was showing me his baby frog he caught.
One day it was sort of cloudy so I made the executive decision to go to The Track.  I grew up going to Florida every summer.  Part of our vacation was ALWAYS to visit the track and ride go-karts.  Fast forward a lot of years, they have more than go-karts.  So we made a trip to play!  Poor Bitty wasn’t tall enough to ride very much and this upset him greatly.
Aunt Ashley and Molly Cate were trying to spray Uncle Ken and Caroline in the bumper boats.  I think Ken and Caroline dominated.   
I take go-kart driving very seriously.  I have said before that I am not a very competitive person, BUT when it comes to go-karts I am.  I will NOT be passed!!!!!   
Tuesday night we went to Baytowne (one of my favorite places) for Kids Night.  Before all the fun and games began we had to eat at Trey’s favorite place, Acme Oyster Bar.   
The boys kept getting up from the table to run off and guess who got to chase them… ME!   
Finally Trey had ENOUGH!!!  Look closely at the table.  Do you see the wooden spoon with the sad face????  That’s “the enforcer”.  And let me tell you, it works beautifully.  Ford doesn’t need many spankings, but John Brantley needs enough that DHS should be called!!!  Trey sat that spoon (poon as Bitty calls it) right in front of Bitty to remind him to stay seated.  Low and behold, we left the spoon!!!!!!!!!  Fear not…. It has been replaced!   
When at Baytowne, Ford must zipline.     
We told Bitty to hold on tight!!!     
Wednesday night we went to Captive Dave’s (always a must for Dad and his planning).  After we ate we headed to the beach for some pictures.     
The instructions were: crazy picture… Fancy acted like a stick in the MUD!     
More posts to come…..     

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...