Wednesday, March 19, 2014

All tree hugging and green on them

Sleeping is very important to me.  It hasn't always been, but as I have aged it has become one of my most favorite things to do.   I guess when you don’t have any real hobbies then sleeping can count.  I’m good at it too.

In high school and college I didn't require much sleep at all.  Or I guess I could say I would stay up really late and make up for it by sleeping until 10:00 or so the next morning.  I always told my mom to go to sleep that I would be fine, but she couldn't.  She had to make sure her babies were safe and sound before she really went to bed.  Thanks, mom!!!

Now Ford does some sleeping too.  He sleeps about 12 hours a night and prefers to fall asleep in our bed before being moved to his room.  This is how I found him last night!!!  Look at those pillows!!!....
 So on my last blog I stated that Bitty was a little under the weather.  Well, he continued on into Monday.  By lunchtime he was rocking a 103.0 temperature and was extremely lethargic and needy.  This is not my child.  I called the pediatrician and we headed to Memphis.   After a 45 minute wait in the room, a nurse coming in to check on us to because both kids were screaming, and an almost broken toy, he had the Adno Virus.  Basically it’s throwing up, bad diapers, fever, and pink eye looking symptoms.  Check, check, check, and check we fit all criteria.  I am pleased to report that he is better now!  Thank goodness!!!
 This is how we dress when we take brother to school….
Ford’s teacher sent the “share bucket” home with him to fill up before spring break.  During his week off we discuss what items to include.  We were to put 2 pictures of the family, your favorite book, favorite toy, and bring your favorite snack to share with the class.  The word snack was “singular” as in bring one thing.  Whatever… Ford didn't believe that for a minute.  We had to send goldfish, Doritos, chocolate chips, sweet tarts, Capri Suns etc.  I think he enjoyed being in the spotlight!
Sometimes when John Brantley isn't purposefully antagonizing Ford I spy sweet times like this….
 Suppertime fun….
 My boys L.O.V.E. bath time…
 Thumbs up, Dude!!!
I’m really not sure that God created a sweeter and more gentler and loving child than this boy….

He constantly says, “I need love”.  That means he wants hugs and kisses from me.  He tells me about 25 times a day that he loves me, he’s glad that I’m his momma, and that I’m special to him.  Can we please say, Melt My Heart!!!!
 This child is so sweet too.  He grabs my face numerous times a day and plants one on me.  He gives much rougher love than Ford, but I will take it any way I can get it.
 Last Thursday, John Brantley was 21 months old.  It really makes me want to cry that my “baby” is about to be 2 years old!!!!  I still rock him to sleep at nap-time and bedtime and don’t plan to stop anytime soon.  Tonight it took an hour, but we had a good time snuggling.

Weight: 22.5 lbs. = below 5th percentile
Height: 31.25 inches = below 5th percentile
His talking hasn't improved.  I discussed this with the doctor on Monday and he said to give it some time.  He was watching as Bitty examined and played with all of his equipment.  He told me he could tell he was smart and that he would talk in his own time.  He did add one new word to his little list: “cheese” which comes out more like “heese”.  I guess he’s used to all my picture taking!!!!
 A while back I said that I was making some healthier changes around my house.  I haven’t done a lot, but a few small things here and there that make Trey and me feel better about what we are doing.

I now buy all organic milk.  The shelf like is much longer so no milk is ever thrown away.  I also took into consideration how much milk, especially Ford, drinks and I had to make the switch.  I had read about the growth hormones being injected into these cows in order to produce more milk.  I can’t have my kids looking 12 at age 7 because of this.  And please take note… kids ARE bigger and more developed earlier this day and age. Read here or here

I buy organic eggs.  I don’t buy soft drinks.  I don’t eat fast food.  I limit the amounts of snack type foods that come into my house.  I rarely give my boys juice.  And I limit their candy intake. 

These are small steps, and I plan to implement more in time.  I didn't want to go all tree hugging and green on Trey and the boys over night!!!!

Here’s a healthy snack I make for everyone but Ford.  He want partciapte in such.  It’s a fruit smoothie with… ice, strawberry-banana Light V8 juice, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana, and  a cup of apple sauce.  I buy fresh fruit, but keep it in the freezer so it'll last longer.  We suck them down!!!!!!
Tomorrow is March 20th.  Tomorrow is a day that Ford has been looking forward to for a while now.  Tomorrow is the first day of spring.  I think he is convinced that this season change means the weather will automatically be warmer.  I think he might be disappointed tomorrow that he can’t go swimming just yet!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...