Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cupid's Big Day

Friday was Valentine’s Day, or as many people on Facebook referred to it as Single’s Awareness Day!!!  Fortunately, I got to celebrate by loving on the three men in my life.  I got up that morning, fixed cinnamon rolls (we hadn't had them since December), put out festive plates and napkins, and put their goods on the table.  John Brantley was totally down with cinnamon rolls, toys, and candy first thing when he woke up that morning.  After breakfast we had to rush around to get ready to take Ford to school and John Brantley to stay with Puddin so I could do my homeroom mother duties in Ford’s classroom at school.
 He thought he was going to school too!!!
As a little girl I used to play school and dream of being a teacher, and also play house and dream of being a wife and mother.  God has graciously granted me both of my wishes and with motherhood comes school mom duties.  I am secretly pumped that I am Ford’s homeroom mother.  Not that I am even sure that I am fulfilling the duty correctly, but I do love it.  I like not missing out on fun stuff with my kids.  I know one day I won’t be wanted around their buddies so I have to soak it up while I can.
I started on my party planning early.  First things first: always ask the teacher what she wants at the party.  My specialty was third graders, not preschool, so I like for her to tell me what works best.  She wanted ice cream sundaes.  So that’s what we did.  I contacted the other mothers and we decided who would send what and we were set.
I stopped by a craft store to buy wooden Valentine figures to color and foam picture frames to decorate.  I took their pictures to put in their frames.  We also hung a fancy Dollar Tree (my favorite store) heart to throw Trey’s juggling balls threw.  I knew the kids would love throwing a ball at something.  Oh and yes, Fancy juggles!!!!
 The game
The kids got to hand out their Valentine’s to their friends which was very exciting.  Each child had a hard time waiting his/her turn to go.  Bitty even got to attend half of this party!!!
 I made some sugar cookies and sent icing for the kids to decorate.  This was a good time waster while the teacher fixed the sundaes.
While Ford was licking icing Bitty was into Ford’s stash.  Yes, the child took off his shoes, or boots as always!!!   
 Eating
 John Brantley didn't have a spot at the table with the other children.  He quickly found an empty chair and pulled it right up to the table.  He wasn't even considering being left out of something as important as party food!  
 After they ate I read the class a story and then they all went outside while I cleaned up the mess.  It was such a cute little party.  I know Ford won’t remember it when he is older, that is why I’m glad I print out my blogs every year.  Happy Valentine’s Day to all!!!!  
And I ended my day with a dozen hot pink roses and some Mexican food.   What a fine day!   


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...