Sunday, January 19, 2014

This is how I feel about laundry too, brother!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided not to go an entire week without blogging because my fan base is so large, and I didn't want y’all going through withdrawals when you didn't hear from me.  (Kidding!!!)  Its 8:46 and I would MUCH rather be in bed sleeping or lying down to breathe better.  I just ate enough Chinese food to feed a small country.  Not my best idea today.

But getting on with the important stuff… the boys!  Last week Ford’s class was having a special day.  They got to wear their favorite hats, gloves, coat, and scarf (he didn't have one) to school for a picture.  They were also to wear their purple class shirt because they were eating Octopus-Stew (studying the letter O), and playing in shaving cream on the tables.  You better believe Ford Lamar was FIRED UP!!!  I’m not so sure his hunting face mask really counted as a “hat”, but there was no way around that one.   It was all or nothing for my little man.  He also received a bag full of ski clothes from a friend in town.  This delivery pleased him very much.  Her son had outgrown them and Ford was happy to take them off of her hands.  He even needed to wear his new snow boots to school.  Again, no arguing… I just went with it.  If he’s bad enough to wear it, then so be it!
 The child has an imagination.  Where he comes up with all his stuff I will never know.  The other day he called me to see his “squirrel house”.  It was complete with a wall of acorns, a small door, and not pictured… he added a bed of leaves.  The next day the bed was washed away by the rain.  This did not please Ford!!!
 John Brantley doesn't do squirrel houses.  He’s pretty much just a terrorist and was looking for the right opportunity to go kick all the acorns I’m sure!!!
 Ford is showing off the ball I spent several minutes airing up.  I got a nice leg workout pumping that sucker up!
 Ford always needs somebody to play with.  He asks during the day when everyone is at school.  I always tell him that I will play with him, but that’s not good enough.  Last week Ruth came to play.  She’s in fifth grade and was in my class in third grade.  We love Ruthie!
 Friday we had another buddy to come play.  Cooper, Mrs. Summer, and baby Emersyn.  John Brantley wanted Mrs. Summer to put a ponytail in his hair.  Isn't he a cute little girl!
 And Ford was beyond infatuated with Cooper’s baby sister, Emersyn.  It was so sweet to watch him love on her and sing to her.
 Ms. Amy, from Fancy’s office, found some sure enough treasures to share with my boys.  Who knew they made suckers that looked like such???  I don’t think Ford and John Brantley knew how goofy they looked.  I was eating it up!!!
 This is how I feel about laundry too, brother!!!!!!!!!!!
 They played horsie this morning before church.
 Picture FAIL this morning.  I attempted to get a cute picture of the boys before church, but it just didn’t happen…(John Brantley has on "the rain boots".
 Ford’s prayer tonight…. “Dear Lord, please make Gran better.  Please make the cancer go away.  Please make the pain go away.  Just make her regular.  Just make her Gran.  I love you, Lord.  Amen!”
 Then tonight at supper I said it was time to say the blessing.  Bitty put his hands together and started babbling in Bitty language.  He was trying.  It melted my heart!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awe, Ford's prayer was so sweet. Praying for your mom.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...