Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Goldfish and Astronaut and a Party too

The weather on Halloween was forecasted to be far from lovely.  I heard that a neighboring church was having “trick or trunk” the night before Halloween and I decided we should definitely go.  I am usually completely on top of things.  I am a planner.  I am Type A.  I like to have all my ducks in a row well in advance.  Well, apparently on Wednesday my schedule planning self, took a hike because at 4:30 I realized that John Brantley needed some black leggings to go with his goldfish costume.  We don’t have black leggings.  I searched for leggings 3 different places and fortunately, some friends with a little girl Bitty’s age saved the day!
 Now if this just isn't 100% pure cuteness I don’t know what is.  For any of you that have been around John Brantley enough to know his personality, you know he is full speed and ALL boy.  When I pulled out the costume he started shaking his head “no”.  I was determined that this was one battle that I was not going to lose.  We wrestled putting on the leggings and black shirt.  He was flipping and flopping and creating a huge scene.  Finally, I did what all good mother would do, and I bribed him.  No, the little guy doesn't talk, but he knows what “candy” is and I promised to deliver.  I will have you know that he wore that goldfish with PRIDE and never once tried to take it off!!!
 Ford is a pro at trick or trunking, and John Brantley picked it up like a charm by car #2.  The first stop he was so pleased with his dum-dum sucker that he wanted to stop and eat it then.  I had to explain that there was lots of more candy to come.  He decided to trek on.
 Here is the lender of the black leggings, Sidney Kate!  She was a marathon runner!!!!
On Thursday, my friend, Rosy, agreed to keep Bitty so I could go to Ford’s class party.  I knew that taking John Brantley would be a small disaster, and I wanted to devote that special time to Ford alone.
 They started off with some spooky Halloween music to bust a few moves to.
 Then made monster coat hangers to put their costumes on…
 They did a little bowling….
 And throw the rings on the spider….
 They played pin the tail on the black cat…
 And made headbands….
 Mrs. Laura read them some spooky stories.
 Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Kristy
 We had yummy snacks.  Ford was examining the bloody juice with hands floating in it!!!
 Chowing down…
They became mummies…
 Then destroyed the room with all of the toilet paper…
 Made witches smoke… (eggs with baby powder)
  Ford’s class is so cute and sweet.  I love that there are only 10 children in his class.  The teachers get to spend a lot of time working on fun projects with them.  I have been blown away with all that they are able to accomplish.  Teachers have a hard job, and I think Pre-K teachers really do!
I had such a special day with my little guy!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...